1/72 revell Tornado

delta7

Hi

for my first ever group build I have decided to try out something different.

I usually stick to 1/48 but space is getting a bit tight so Im going to try 1/72 and see how I like working with parts this small. It takes me back to the pocket money days, long.........long.....ago when Id save up for an airfix kit in a poly bag.

First impressions are very good, it looks a nice kit and I hope to do it justice.

I have decals for mig eater and armoured charmer. The mig eater is missing the shark nose art so Ill probably go for armoured charmer

here is the box and spruces all bagged ready to go

DSCN1691.jpg

hope to make a start this weekend

cracking on- lovely kit so far with excellent fit

DSCN1703.jpg

wings will be forward so gloves will be boxed in with some foil

DSCN1706.jpg

pit has been given a coat with tamiya smoke - Ill dull this down with matt varnish

DSCN1707.jpg

Edited by delta7

another two sessions in and its going well

last night

DSCN1710.jpg

and today, nose and exhast just dry fitted

DSCN1713.jpg

hit the tricky inlet stage , I have a plan to see if they will be ok open and ill try this first, if not Ill make up some covers from tape

Edited by delta7

• 2 weeks later...

I have made up a blank of plastic card and white glued a photo onto it to give this

DSCN1714.jpg

here is how it looks boxed up - natural light

DSCN1715.jpg

with flash

DSCN1716.jpg

today I got a good session in , underwing pylons, centre pylons, and weapons started

DSCN1717.jpg

thanks for the kind words !

Decals on and weathering and wash,

The weathering is a test with oils and the wash still to be rubbed off but it will be dirrrrty

The aftermarket decals were pretty poor but thanks to the Operation Granby scheme I dont have to do hundreds of tiny tiny stencils :thumbsup:

DSCN1731.jpg

DSCN1733.jpg

Edited by delta7

• 1 month later...