HMS Hood Rebuild

I orginally built this model of HMS Hood 38 for the Best Of British Group build in Aug 2008.See here for the thread:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17285

As I am running out of space ,instead of building a new model of the `Ood ,I decided to dismantle it and rebuild it .It took about a day to strip the model down ,I can do this as I use PVA glue where-ever possible ,and any part attached with cement is done so lightly .I also want to do it as a waterline to fit in with my latest builds.

I bought an Artwox wooden for it ,this was a perfect fit for the foredeck ,and quarterdeck,but there were gaps on the shelter as the deck is designed for the 1941 version,but I managed to blend in off-cuts from the sheet to fill in the gaps.

I have several other full-hull models which I`m considering to rebuild as waterline ,but this has been enough for the moment!!

Cheers Phil

DSCN1964.jpg

DSCN1968.jpg

DSCN1978.jpg

RSCN1967.jpg

RSCN1970.jpg

Ahh, that's a really nice job of redux, Phil!! What's up next for "the Chop"?!? evil_laugh.gif

I went with the Pontos deck, after I had the Artwox Hipper deck & wasn't enamoured with it. Pontos was much more detailed, a better, slightly darker teak colour & a good price from LuckyModel.

What a beautiful model, Phil. Looks absolutely superb - I think its amazing how you accomplish that rigging!

You're the perfect man (and seems I've caught you at the perfect time) for some advice...

I've structurally finished my Hood (below) but I don't have any railings and being a complete novice am not really confident enough to have a go at the rigging yet, so I figure I'll have to revisit the model at some point in the future. Do you know if anyone supplies railings only for the Hood (without having to buy a full PE set)?

Cheers Phil,

Colin.

P.S. I used you seascape method again, you should charge royalties!

23062012132.jpg?t=1340478998

23062012130.jpg