Airliner work in progress and ready for inspection threads

Greg B

Having spent a good few hours moving threads from here along with Mike in between a forum upgrade and move, and with a good few more hours to go trawling through this section tidying up, it is disapointing to find yet more work in progress threads and ready for inspection threads cropping up here.  

An airliner is by definition an aircraft therefore please use the  work in progress or ready for inspection sub forums in the aircraft area.

Any further build or inspection threads found here will be locked off, as it is rapidly becoming an irritant in wasting further time for the mods.

Greg B

• Like 1

Hi Greg.

Would it help if this particular area of the forum was re-named as the discussion area to avoid confusion? The other areas have a dedicated discussion area and by doing this it would maintain a more uniform format.

It's just a thought which may help and may be easy enough to carry out whilst the new forum is relatively young.

Like the new format as well :thumbsup2:

Chris.

Hi Greg.

Would it help if this particular area of the forum was re-named as the discussion area to avoid confusion? The other areas have a dedicated discussion area and by doing this it would maintain a more uniform format.

It's just a thought which may help and may be easy enough to carry out whilst the new forum is relatively young.

Like the new format as well :thumbsup2:

Chris.

Thanks for the feedback Chris, but the other areas are named to the same conventions and do not have this issue.

• 5 years later...

While I have an interest in all aircraft and ships , my main interest is airliners. I primarily click on the civil airliners section , Classic and Modern and have found, through talking to another member recently , that I’m actually missing quite a bit of content , for instance the 737 group build and “Ready for inspection” entries because these are included in the main aircraft threads of which there are lots to wade through. Would it not be possible to have all airliner threads in one place? While I appreciate that you can’t subdivide the forum for everyone’s interests I think there are a fair few people modelling only airliners and many more who model only military, who are no doubt fed up with airliners in their section , it is quite a clear definition. 

Sorry just seen a number number of similar queries but in the Modern section which is probably where I should have posted! 

Edited by Rb277170
Found another thread

I've fallen for this problem myself, I'm building my first airliner kit at the moment but fortunately it is for a GB and, therefore, has a place for posting WiP's.  I am however, contemplating my next build and, until your post Greg, would have started my WiP in either of those 'wrong' sections.   When I looked for somewhere to post in aircraft, the top two headings are Military and Civil aircraft so, naturally for a newbie to civil stuff, I went to the Civil aircraft thread.  Perhaps an amendment to the title of Work in Progress - Aircraft could help clarify that it is meant for all aircraft WiP's.  Work in Progress - Aircraft, both military and civil.

Mike

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

You know what, despite being here years, I've just realised this myself. I was kind of aware that the completed builds should be in "Ready for Inspection" but have been putting airliner WIP in here. I will now move my Aer Lingus DC-3 build to the correct section.

• 4 years later...

When a new guy joins a forum, it can be overwhelming in the amount of rules and information, which most are based on interpretation which can be subjective and misunderstood.

My first three post were moved, thanks...and sorry for the misunderstanding.

As a new guy, the thought of having my models "inspected" disgusted me because I never intended them to fit in that type of what I thought was a "hey looky what I did...judge my work" type of competition category. Nor were they a work in progress.

It is just a hobby for me, to pass the time and not a competition like a car show or anything. That is the way I understood it as a newbie and why I posted them where I did.