- U-BOOT TYP VII in dry dock

Boats are not normally my interest, but I am so glad I clicked on this thread. Fantastic work! How long in the making?

-I would say around 6 monthes ...By the way, boats are not my main interest too except maybe aircraft carriers, but a friend gives me that sub,as I was born and grown in a harbour town, and this piece of metal being historically important, so I decided I had to do something with it, i came then with the idea of inclueding it in an wartime harbour scene and so it is.....

Edited by IPMS19

That is amazing work. I especially like the captured Austin K2 ambulance pressed into service has war booty. Really adds to the whole scene.

Christof

Great work !!!!I wonder if you observe this situation on a photograph, whether you invented it yourself?

- As I wrote, I was grown in an harbour so I had a precise idea of things about dry docks, I had many looks on some photo of wartime for the general lay out, as a former Major I know a lot about inspections and remembering the stories of my parents and uncles, I had a good background to conceive this dio. My only regret is that I didn't succeed in capturing the true colors of the wall of the dock, much more dark almost black and dark brown, with some seagrass green at water level , I have these colors in my mind but I've been unable to render them and ofcourse, white seagull poo-poo everywhere on every edges of walls roofs and so on........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Beautiful Build here...stunning and gorgeous all at the same time.

Your attention to detail is remarkable as all the figures, buildings, tarps, dock and placements look so realistic.

You did awesome with telling your story here as it looks like every photo that i have ever seen of U-BOOT TYP VII.

Congrats to you and Tomy!!

Karen

Edited by Belle