Forming Actetate

crobinsonh

I am trying to finally finish a 99% complete Tiffie and in the instructions MDC say to use the supplied acetate to form covers for the lights. I have never done this before so I am looking for some advice on how to do this.

Thanks in advance

I find heating it up and bending around something like a paintbrush handle works for landing light covers. If you don't heat it up, it can cloud on the bend. Bit of experimentation, but I'm a world away from being an expert !!!

I am trying to finally finish a 99% complete Tiffie and in the instructions MDC say to use the supplied acetate to form covers for the lights. I have never done this before so I am looking for some advice on how to do this.

Thanks in advance

Make up two little frames out of hardboard and sandwich the acetate between and hold together with bulldog clips or similar.

fix your mould/master pattern [ end of paintbrush or whatever is the right shape] and then hold the frame and acetate with say a pair of pliers or tongs and using a hair dryer heat the acetate until it starts to go soft and then starts to contract again and this is the time to place on the mould and wait until it goes cool. trim to fit afterwards.

Graham.