2013 calendar proposal...Mark II.

Tango India Mike

Okay, I can't show you the fund-raising campaign site (Indigogo) until my clever fiancee, Michelle, makes it possible tomorrow...but at least I can explain what it's all about.

Some of you are familiar with my model photography work, although it's been quite some time since I posted any of it on here. Anyway, it's long been an idea of mine to use some of my best images to mass produce calendars...and even a range of postcards...but had no idea how to go about it. All I knew was that it would most likely cost rather a lot of money...which I don't have. Then, along came Michelle with a way to make it happen...we hope! It's all a bit involved and, with any luck, I can show you the actual process tomorrow, but basically we're asking for pre-orders and/or donations. Donations of varying sizes receive 'perks' entitlements...which, again, will be revealed tomorrow. Really generous ones will earn entitlement to commissioned oil paintings...oh boy, work for me to do...but more of that later.

For those of you who have never seen my work, here's a selection of images that may or may not be used...and I shall be asking for opinions from you all regarding which ones you'd like to see included. I'll just point out that there is NO photoshop involved here...just good old-fashioned inventiveness.

Airfix Hurricanes, i/48 and 1/72.

AirfixHurricaneI12002.jpg

AirfixHurricaneI12001.jpg

AirfixHurricaneI12003-1.jpg

Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Vc.

AirfixSpitfireVc120014.jpg

And another...

AirfixSpitfireVc12002-1.jpg

AirfixSpitfireVc12003-1.jpg

Revell 1/72 Hurricane IIb.

RevellHurricaneIIb13-1.jpg

MPM 1/72 Wellington Ic.

Wellington12001-1.jpg

Tamiya 1/72 Mosquito IV.

MosquitoIV12004-1.jpg

MosquitoIV12008-1.jpg

Matchbox 1/72 Tempest VI.

TempestVI12003.jpg

TempestVI12001-1.jpg

FROG 1/72 Mustang I.

Mustang12002.jpg

Airfix 1/72 Firefly 5.

Firefly12006-1.jpg

Airfix 1/72 Whirlwind I.

Whirlwind12001.jpg

Ventura 1/72 Seafire 15.

SeafireXV12001-1.jpg

Brigade Models/Italeri 1/72 Seafire 15.

SeafireXV12007-1.jpg

FROG 1/72 Master III.

MilesMasterMkIII12003-1.jpg

MilesMasterMkIII12002-1.jpg

MilesMasterMkIII12001-1.jpg

Pegasus 1/72 Defiant TT Mk II.

Defiant12002.jpg

Airfix 1/72 Stirling I.

AirfixStirling5-1.jpg

MPM 1/72 Spitfire PR 19.

SpitfirePR1912001.jpg

Hasegawa & Otaki Spitfire IX (1.32 & 1/48).

SpitfireIXs132scaleconvertedHASEGAWAMkVb148scaleOTAKIkits.jpg

Revell 1/72 Spitfire Vb.

SpitfireVb12001.jpg

Brigade Models/Italeri 1/72 Spitfire XII.

SpitfireXII12001-1.jpg

SpitfireXII12006-1.jpg

Heller 1/72 Vampire FB 5.

Vampire11200-1.jpg

And there are plenty more where they came from!

Edited by Tango India Mike

Now, I mentioned oil paintings...well, these are all old ones and sold long ago, but they do serve to show the sort of works you COULD have painted specially for you.

Painting61200.jpg

Painting81200.jpg

OilpaintingNo6-1.jpg

Painting571200.jpg

Painting131200.jpg

OilpaintingNo35-3.jpg

Painting501200.jpg

Painting241200.jpg

OilpaintingNo5-1.jpg

So, have I piqued your interest? If so, watch this space tomorrow when I've had a chance to talk with my beloved, the far-cleverer-than-I Michelle, and posted a proper link that will show you all the vital details!

Cheers for now,

Tim.

Painting31200.jpg

Painting231200.jpg

Painting221200.jpg

TIM,

My only opinion is that the photography is good, no denying it, BUT.....really should be black & white! It'll look much better. Hey, that is just my opinion.

To ask for 'donations' etc at a difficult time for all concerned with 'perks' is also very difficult.

For me, I'm sorry but just cannot afford such things.

I do wish you every sucess with your venture though.

ATB.............

Okay, thanks. I can't say that I'm not disappointed, though. We're not asking for huge sums of money from everyone, and it isn't as though we're offering nothing in return. The very least you'll get is a calendar!

That's some fantastic work there.

I think you should take commissions for artwork. There's more life in your paintings that in some of the 'big name artists'.

That last Battle scene is bloody amazing.

Do you do Cold War stuff as well?

I love your model photography, Tim. It's gorgeous. I could never build planes with the gear up myself, of course, I'd run around the house making engine noises.

Thanks Mark!

I wish I could post the campaign link now, so all the relevant information could be apparent...but I don't know how! Michelle is the one who knows how it works, but she's in Queensland, I'm in Perth and there's a two-hour time difference between us. I won't get to talk with her (by telephone) for several hours yet.

Hiya Tim,

I think you know my opinion on your models, photography & artwork by now - they're all bl**dy fantastic!!

However, I've only just come across your thread, & my first thought was it's all a bit vaque at the moment - I mean there are donations & there are donations! For instance, everytime I buy something from e-bay I donate a pound to Help for Heroes. Unfortunately that is getting less and less now as my e-bay purchases continue to dwindle as I also cannot afford to buy that much non-essential stuff any more. I wouldn't expect to pledge a donation of a pound to you & expect to get an excellent calendar in return! So you must at least have in mind a minimum donation surely? And who are the donations going to benefit - is it just to pay for the production of the calendar, or is a proportion for charity??

Anyway, I await developments with interest, & wish you all the best with your venture...

Keef

Hi Tim

When you click on the cursor in the "reply" box a menu should appear with all the old tools, including the link tool which looks like a length of chain with a little green circle and plus sign in it. Alternatively, click on the "More Reply Options" at bottom right of the box and the menu should appear.

What there doesn't seem to be is a preview of the post. It seems you have to post and then edit it!

Regards

Nick

Edited by Nick Millman

What there doesn't seem to be is a preview of the post. It seems you have to post and then edit it!

Regards

Nick

Post preview is in More Reply Options too Nick. Bit of a pain to get at but it is there. It may be a fixable omission as I'm sure I've seen a preview button under a reply box on one of the other sub forum...

Keef

Thanks to the few who have taken the trouble to pass comment. It seems pretty obvious from the large number of people who have looked at this, but not bothered to comment, that the idea is a dead loss. The response has been the same everywhere that I've posted throughout the internet, so Britmodeller is not unique in that respect.

Naturally I'm disappointed. Why wouldn't I be? It's beginning to look like I'm going to have to tell my fiancee, Michelle, that all of her hard work in setting this thing up has been a waste of time and effort.

Cheers, everyone.

Sorry Tim, but for me, I just can't afford it. A few years back I would have gone for one without a second thought, as I really would like to see your superb model photos hanging on the wall - with a new one every month. But having been medically retired & on a pension a third of my salary at that time, & with my wife being a civil servant in the second (third??) year of a pay freeze which shows no sign of lifting any time soon, & her having been relocated from an office 4 miles away to one 20 miles away with the attendant cost of the extra fuel ( £5 a week to more than £5 a day!!), tyre wear & general depreciation on the car, we just have to pick & choose much more carefully what we spend on 'luxury' goods. And I have to say, just going by many of my friends, many people are unfortunately in the same boat....

Keef

I'm sorry to have wasted well over six hundred peoples' time, including my own, apparently. I'm certainly not feeling much like ever showing my work again.

This was going to fund, amongst other things, a range of 1/72 air and groundcrew figures, which I know that many people here would have been interested in. That's not going to happen now.

Goodness gracious, I certainly don't think you've wasted anyone's time; in fact, I rather think you're selling yourself short. Your models look amazing, as do your paintings. (I also think that the number of views is not unique views, but merely the number of times the thread has been opened, by anyone, regardless of whether or not they've seen it before.)

My understanding is that the situation is rather a Pascal's wager-type scenario: if you embark on this project, what do you lose? Does the site in question charge you if you're unsuccessful? If not, it seems to me you're out nothing (except maybe some kit-building time, I suppose), whereas if the venture succeeds (and I for one, am interested), you've gained that much more.

I'm sorry to have wasted well over six hundred peoples' time, including my own, apparently. I'm certainly not feeling much like ever showing my work again.

I'm sorry you feel like that. For me your excellent models and consistently superb photography are one of the highlights of this and other sites. I love the paintings as well: the P-47 stands out for me. But afraid I'm just not a calendar person.

I am also very sorry you feel this way but anybody looking to start out production of what is a non essential item in this economic climate is asking for a kicking. I have been a fan of your work for years and would be interested in any of your figures if produced but like most of those who have posted so far I now have to think long and hard before spending money on this Hobby.

John