F-20 Tigershark

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Wow, nothing like resurrecting an old post but I'm glad for it.   Otherwise I would have missed this really great whif on a really cool subject.   I've been tossing around the idea of painting my Monogram F-20 in Swiss AF colors.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
On 8/4/2012 at 9:19 PM, CanDid said:

Hi,

I guess there is always a first for everything, and it is my first 'What If' :rolleyes:

You all know the story around the F-20 Tigershark and that it never became a success. But what if the Swedish Navy (Marinen) had bought some in the late 80's when the Air Force still was waiting for the Gripen. At least that was my idea.

The Swedish Navy version of the F-20, the AJ-38 Shark, had a different tail structure than the original Tigershark. It was painted in a grey splinter scheme, similar to the green scheme of the Air Force Viggen. It was used for Close Air Support to Navy vessels and around the Swedish Navy home bases. Secondary it was used as a Fighter.

F20%201.jpg

F20%203.jpg

F20%202.jpg

F20%204.jpg

For this build I used Hasegawa's F-20 Tigershark with the tail and missiles from Italeri's JAS 39 Gripen. The exhaust is Aires. Decals is a variety of leftovers from the Gripen kit together with spare decals I kept from my childhood.

Thanks for looking!

/Fred

How did you even do this, it's awesome! The best what if I have seen so far

• Like 2

Missed this one first time around. I don't normally appreciate 'What ifs' but in your case I'll make an exception - especially in view of the effort it required. Well done!