Guys.

Just about to put the intake pieces over the splitter plates of my CF-104D, and was just wondering if there was a panel line along this join, or will I have to fill it?

Hope to hear from someone asap, want to get to the painting stage over this weekend.

Cheers in advance.

I'm not sure of how the pieces are split in your kit. In the 1/72 kit the outer body of the intake is a single part and where it meets the rest there should be no junction line. There's also no junction line where they meet close to the fuselage.

However if you mean the cone on top of the splitter plate, the cone and the triangular part on which the cone stands are separate and there's a junction line there.

I've been thinking a bit about prizes for this STGB, and I'm thinking that at least one small prize should be given. We could do 1st 2nd and 3rd, but I feel that there are only relatively few entries, so maybe a prize for the 1st one only is easier.

A few days ago I saw this patch for sale, of the type usually worn by Italian F-104S pilots and I bought it thinking it will make a fitting prize for a group build featuring the Starfighter !

PA034251.jpg

I might find something else before the end of the STGB and add more prizes, but I'm not sure...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stewie,

You have posted two recent builds in the gallery section but from what I can seen they don't have a build thread. I think these should be moved to the motivational build section.

Why hasn't this issue been addressed? A little disappointed to see the GB rules not being adhered to.

Dunno where else to fit these, so they are going in here. :lol:

These are my three builds for this GB.

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

Gotta say, this has been a crackin' GB. I've thoroughly enjoyed it. Many thanks to Giorgio N for making it all possible.

With these builds, I have completed twelve models this year. :yahoo:

I have also more than doubled my Starfighter collection and I've been left with a yearning to build more Starfighters. I shall be building an Italian F-104S for the Tiger Meet GB and no doubt an early Dutch F-104G as well.

Folks,

I have to apologise for my absence in the last few days, unfortunately I'm just back from a business trip that took longer than expected.... lesson learnt: never host a GB without a co-host !!!!! That would have made everyhting much easier.

Now that I'm back, I'll sort all the moderation issues that occurred, so expect a few personal messages to be sent around. In the meantime, I'll walk around with my head covered in ashes....

One important thing: thanks to everyone for taking part in the GB ! I see that while there are less models than we'd have hoped, those that have been completed are very nice. I'll setup the poll to vote for the best. The winner will then receive the AMI F-104S patch.