Tucano

OH-6

Tiger Moth

Jungman

and piddle all on the ground apart from the usual museum well known to locals

£45

plus £4 to park

for whats on offer strikes me as not so much East Fortune as Cost a Fortune

not encouraging me to brave the rain methinks - I'll put the money aside to account of the ticket price of a bigger show another day

Lets face it RIAT or Duxford it ain't

or am I being too harsh

Edited by JohnT

Bad day at the office or just a Grumpy Old Scotsman? :)

Seriously though £50 is a lot but if was able to go I probably would.

Steve

Grumpy Old Scotsman is a given Steve !! :D

Was my birthday yesterday and found I had managed to lose a year and was a year older than I was deluding myself on ! :huh:

Was very undecided about to go or not as the weather forecast is not great, the ground show very missable as in previous years and the flying display rather less than exciting I suppose. Had not considered entry fees at all till looked at the website for updated display details and thought thats a tad steep - at least for whats on offer compared to other shows (admittedly more expensive but offering way more). I guess at the back of my mind I thought I'd pay £30-35 I suppose for whats there but £50 ? That buys you a fair whack at Wonderland Models in Edinburgh esp with their Trumpy and other sales at the minute !

Edited by JohnT

Am planning on taking my boys as long as the weathers not too bad, was disappointed not to see 1 or 2 fast jets in the display as there's usually a couple of oldies, Sea Vixen etc and sometimes a Typhoon. It'll be my boys first show and was very pleased to see they get in for free as their not 5 for another 2 weeks! Hope they enjoy it!

Is the Hawk not doing a display, they seem to suggest so on the website?!

Am planning on taking my boys as long as the weathers not too bad, was disappointed not to see 1 or 2 fast jets in the display as there's usually a couple of oldies, Sea Vixen etc and sometimes a Typhoon. It'll be my boys first show and was very pleased to see they get in for free as their not 5 for another 2 weeks! Hope they enjoy it!

Is the Hawk not doing a display, they seem to suggest so on the website?!

Hope the boys have a great time - remember its never to soon for a Dad to buy them their first model at an airshow

also 2 hawks flew over Edinburgh at about 5 tonight and they were not Red arrows either so you could well be right

Hope the boys have a great time - remember its never to soon for a Dad to buy them their first model at an airshow

also 2 hawks flew over Edinburgh at about 5 tonight and they were not Red arrows either so you could well be right

Thanks John, sure they will. Never fear, they've already had their first trip to Wonderland, although they left empty handed! I've aleady been looking at the Revell Easy Kits for them.

Murray

I have a nice wee site that I park the car at and get a good view South over East Fortune. Binocs to hand ,picnic seat and a picnic. The dreaded cones haven,t found there way there yet.Plus I get out of doing the repairs on the garage roof that Im meant to be doing. Local knowledge is a handy thing and it doesn,t hurt my wallet.

Two adults and one child to enter to see

Red Arrows

Avro Anson

Great War demo team

P51

RV8tors

Tucano

OH-6

Tiger Moth

Jungman

and piddle all on the ground apart from the usual museum well known to locals

£45

plus £4 to park

for whats on offer strikes me as not so much East Fortune as Cost a Fortune

not encouraging me to brave the rain methinks - I'll put the money aside to account of the ticket price of a bigger show another day

Lets face it RIAT or Duxford it ain't

or am I being too harsh

Must admit I haven'[t checked the website but, is that really it?????? I can understand your disappointment. Add to that, I don't drive/have a car so, I would have travel by what is laughingly described as public transport in East Lothian! You can add THAT to the cost as well. I couldn't have gone in any case ( too much month left at the end of the money!!!) but,even if I could, I wouldn't fork out so much for so little!!

The museum by itself is well worth a visit but, I'll leave that for another day! This could really put people off in future. Which is a shame because there have been some great shows there in the past. Still, soon be Leuchars!! Their line up thus far looks a little more interesting ( even if it is almost a re-run of last year!!). Still early days yet!