'The third shall be first'

gary1701

Gents,

This post is going to feature just one aircraft I'm afraid. I've just spent two days of scorching temperatures (pure luck that my annual fixed holiday started this week!) and blue skies on the fence at RAF Coningsby, my first visit this year besides the enthusiasts do. My number one target was to try and capture Typhoon FGR4 ZJ936 as I haven't seen the jet since it gained the 100th anniversary markings earlier this year. Got rather lucky, as they flew the thing four times over two days, allowing me to capture it from every possible angle. Slightly disappointing that none of the pilots who flew it would cycle the airbrake while taxiing, although some of the guys flying the grey jets did so. ZJ936 has some markings on the top of the airbrake that can only be seen when deployed. Hope this is not overkill on one jet!

'The third shall be first'. The markings on the brake can just be seen.

IMG_9897.jpg

3(F) Sqn battle honours.

IMG_9883.jpg

The fin. Not sure which side lost the badge a month or so ago but it's back now on both sides.

IMG_9890.jpg

Leading the posse down from the shelters.

IMG_0280.jpg

Didn't get the airbrake but at least he waved!

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0118-1.jpg

Returning on 25.

IMG_01962.jpg

IMG_9915.jpg

Finally, turning off the far end.

IMG_00692.jpg

Not all shot on the one sortie I must add! I'll edit up some more general shots from the two days and will put them up soon as well.

Gary

Edited by gary1701