New Humbrol Clear (like klear ?)

robvulcan

Hi all have any of you noticed humbrols new Clear product the description sounds like old klear and is rumoured to be the same, is it i hope so anyone got a bottle yet. ill pick some up soon as i can.

it does rather, and who cares about the yellow if they are making the old formula klear it will be a god send especially if it does to decals what the old stuff did. if it does they can be forgiven for the yellow. lets hope!.

if i remember right its blue red yellow.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

do you know when it will be released. i just hope it settled decals down like old klear. the way i do it is to put a puddle of klear were the decal is then slide the decal onto the puddle and position it and it gets stuck on like paint with no film but i have never found another substance that does this, i really hope this new stuff does just that

Never tried Alclads Aqua gloss for decals but as a gloss coat before decaling I find it excellent, seems to dry to a harder finish than the new johnsons Klear I have, and doesn't seem to pool/puddle as you put it on, probably because it dries so quick.

I've still got plenty of Johnsons Klear at the moment  - but I do hope that this is very much like the good old stuff, certainly sounds like it from the description. It will be nice to have a readily available source.

Worthy of a front page review if it is :)

Karl

i use the new formula klear for shining stuff its good for that but no were near as much as the old stuff and it certainly does not put decals down like the old stuff at all.

the new stuff can go wierd and cloudy sometimes a problem ive only run into with a newer bottle mind. and its yellowy too.

come on humbrol do your magic !

I have some of this Humbrol Clear stuff. You can wash your brushes/clean your airbrush with water after using it, so it isn't the same stuff as Klear, which requires something containing amonia for thinning/cleaning.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some of this Humbrol Clear stuff. You can wash your brushes/clean your airbrush with water after using it, so it isn't the same stuff as Klear, which requires something containing amonia for thinning/cleaning.

I've always cleaned my brushes and airbrush with water after Klear. Never has a problem in what, 10 years.