Congratulations to our winners

Well the votes are in and the winners of the Malta 1940-42 GB sponsored by Hannants have been chosen by the Britmodeller cognoscenti.

It was a close-run thing but Peter Marshall's fantastic Martin Maryland just pipped the Savoia Marchetti SM79 of, erm, Peter Marshall. Let's be honest, the man's a star and well deserving of the top two positions in the build. Big round of applause from all - and a grand total of £50 in vouchers will allow Peter to buy up lots of Hannants goodies to make even more amazing models.

Completing the podium is Shar2 for his gorgeous model of HMS Kimberley. I'm delighted that something other than an aeroplane was not only built in the time available but also recognised for the superb workmanship that went into it. A richly deserved £10 of spending money at Hannants will be on its way to Dave.

One last time I'd like to thank everyone who took part in the GB regardless of whether they reached the finish line or not. I'm looking forward to seeing all of the projects started in the RFI pages before too long - and adding some of my own of course.

Thanks to Mish for all her support and guidance to Rob and myself in hosting the event, to Robert Stuart for quite the classiest GB banners I've ever seen and to David Hannant and everyone at his fine emporium for putting their weight behind the GB.

Big round of applause to you all... look forward to seeing you on the regular pages soon. :partytime:

Edited by maltadefender

Thanks to everyone for making this a very interesting and fun GB, and also for those who voted for the Royal Navys part in the Malta story. Cheers guys.

congrats to Peter and SHAR2 (what strange parents, calling their child SHAR2)... both well deserving winners...

and I echo MDs thanks - to Mish for her support but most of all for all who took part, both building and commenting, to make this a nice, fun GB