1/72 Airfix Harrier GR7 ZD408 Op Telic

Well my first entry is going to be Airfix's wonderful new mould harrier GR7, finished as ZD408 from Op Telic, with the shark mouth.

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=84369&nseq=10

I'll post pics before I start but I'll be using decals and some bits, including fun pods from airfix club kit boxing of the old mould harrier in this scheme.

I'm thinking I'll finish it in flight

Phil

Hi Phil, I think you're going to really enjoy the GR7 kit, I built it over Christmas/New Year, would have taken me a week if I had got my paint colours right first time.

I'm looking forward to your build pics.

Colin on the Africa Station

My 600th post I belive.

I'd better post a quick update before its done!

This kit builds its self, probably helps that I've built a few..

7fc27144.jpg

Since taking the pic I've finished the airframe, and scribed some missing panel lines, next I need to detail the gunpod then it's ready for paint!

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Ok better stop and take a pic! Here she is so far:

8fd32180.jpg

Dark Camo grey on undersides, I went with humbrol enamel this time as Xtracyrlix makes me swear... loudly!

A much better result, even if it takes a while to dry! The smell reminds me of many happy hours modelling as a child, ones I'll regret when I'm old and have chronic lung disease I guess...

Anyway masking for DSG next, I'll use acrylic for that I expect!

Phil

Thanks all!

Didn't think I'd find much time to do anything this week but got decals on!

12fcc50c.jpg

Close up of that nasty grin!

6e1d3e95.jpg

Just got a few more stencils to finish.

This is the first time I've built the airfix kit as a 2 tone grey jet and I'm a bit dissapointed that, despite using Humbrol 156 for DCG the stencils almost blend right in! I used some from the club kit and they stand out much better. Just be warned a dash of white may be needed if you want the stencils to show up!

Phil

Blimey Phil

you're a quick worker, better get on with mine.

Nice work too.

• 3 weeks later...