Zvezda

There were rumours on Russian speaking modelling forumns about AModel (not MODEL) some two years ago, but nothing came out of it. With ModelSvit releasing some of kits announced by AModel earlier (like Ruslan or Tu-144) I would think that we could see Mrya under ModelSvit moniker one day.

PMG Offramp

you took it out of my mouth ;)

Edited by Pin

I'll agree.... More airliners with the standards of Ty154 and the rest...

Like...

A CORRECT straight 757

L1011

DC10/MD11

747-200

747SP (!!!)

And all of the rest already mentioned...

I want to believe that the 757 if done correctly and has a nice set of decals will sell like crazy, not that the rest will not go well...

A 757 kit would indeed be nice (remember, Transaero flew them and now Vim (which btw would be nice decals :) )

the Ty204/214 would be GREAT too, especially with the 757 ;-) as its the russian757 ;_)

There were rumours on Russian speaking modelling forumns about AModel (not MODEL) some two years ago, but nothing came out of it. With ModelSvit releasing some of kits announced by AModel earlier (like Ruslan or Tu-144) I would think that we could see Mrya under ModelSvit moniker one day.

PMG Offramp

you took it out of my mouth ;)

Not unlikely about the Mrya since they've already released the An-124 Ruslan (in 1/72nd scale, no less!). I realise this isn't an airliner but I'd love to see Zvezda do an Il-4 in 1/72nd scale to the standard of their Pe-8.

Regards,

Jason

If Zvezda is really bold, they could do something impressive, like this:

http://www.flightglobal.com/airspace/media/airbusconceptplane/emptys/97437/airbus-concept-plane.jpg

My favorites are Vickers VC-10 or Super VC-10,

McDonald Douglas DC-8 and MD-11,

Airbus A340,

Lockheed L-1011.

Zvezda can do the whole range of civil aircraft as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, I forgot to mention 1:48 Yak-3!

Seen that here some where and it looks very good but will Zvezda ever go bigger and do 1/32? There is a lack of Yak fighters and La 5/7 planes in large scale

• 2 years later...

Thanks Andrew.

Well, that's not exactly great news. I was looking forward to this one more than the 62.

How does the Trumpeter IL-76 do? I used to have one but sold it ages ago.. Would like one again in 1/144th too.

Hi

Not built my Trumpeter IL-76 kit yet but I did get some Braz engine inlets to replace the ones in the kit which were a bit thick.

After seeing the Il-62 I really want to see Zvezda produce a 757, I'm sure I'm not alone in that thought.

Andrew

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Artmaul said:

It would be nice to see from zvezda a Boeing 757 and a tupolev tu-204, Airbus A340-600, IL-114

Not happening. None of these types are known to majority of Russians (read - were in Aeroflot fleet for some significant time) that is the main driver behind Zvezda's civil airliner range

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/01/2017 at 6:20 AM, Artmaul said:

It would be nice to see from zvezda a Boeing 757 and a tupolev tu-204, Airbus A340-600, IL-114, from revell would love to see an ATR-72, Saab 2000, BAe jetstream 41 and trident 3, but I'm just wishing 😃😃

Just noticed your wishlist.  The lack of a decent injection moulded B757 is inexplicable but if your funds permit it the Authentic Airliners kit is unlikely to be bettered.  You'll wait a long time for the others unless you're prepared to look at resin, vacform and limited-run injection moulding. The Tu-204 and 204-300 are available from Rus-Air who make some of the best resin kits on the market; the ATR-72 is available from F-RSIN or PAS Models (I'd choose the latter); the Jetstream 41is available from Welsh Models; and the Trident 3 is available from F-RSIN.  I built the Trident 3 a couple of years ago and it was only marginally more difficult than a mainstream kit.

5 hours ago, Pin said:

PAS Models also do decent resin 757

I had forgotten about that although I have the kit in my stash :doh:

It's a pretty decent kit although I've always thought there is something not quite right about the representation of the fuselage lobe crease.