Zvezda

It's really odd with the 757, you'd think that Revell would have made one long ago...about the time of the 767. :hmmm:

That and a 777...strange

Even if a type like the ones mentioned wasn't the greatest selling in Russia there is a huge market outside for Zvezda to tap into.

• 3 weeks later...

For actual Russian originated subject matter in 1/144:

Yakovlev Yak-40 (the AZ kit was a disappointment)

Tupolev Tu-104

Tupolev Tu-114

Antonov An-24

Antonov An-28

Antonov 148/158

Maybe a long shot, but 1/72 or 1/48 kits of some of the Sukhoi and Yakovlev aerobatics aircraft would be pretty cool by me.

Outside of the Russian originated stuff, it would be great to see some of the Embraer airliners in 1/144 injection form and perhaps some of their smaller aircraft, like the Xingu and Bandierante in 1/72.

On a note completely outside of airliners, the Sukhoi Su-24 "Fencer" still is lacking an easily available and accurate representation in 1/72. The Streem kit is super accurate but not always easy to get and certainly not easy to build.

I know Zvezda reissued the quite inaccurate Dragon/Italeri Fencer kits a few years ago, and act I still find inexcusable by virtue of the fact that the aircraft is in active service right in Zvezda's own back yard and no doubt accessible to them. they had the golden opportunity to fill a gap in the market with an accurate, new tooled kit of an important Cold War workhorse aircraft and they reissued a known inaccurate kit that was first issued before the Iron Curtain had fallen.

• 5 weeks later...

i wouldnt mind a TU110,TU124 and the blacksea monster EKRANOPLAN.

Edited by bzn20

Tu-110 is quite an esoteric subject - only 3 (4?) were built and neither were in commercial service. Tu-124 is also less known than its predecessor - Tu-104.

I assume you are talking about "Caspian Monster" - KM. The only prototype built is not widely known, therefore I doubt we'll see it in plastic before long - it's Anigrand's niche.

Another gossip from Zvezda forum - we may expect new line of Airbus kits in 2013

http://www.zvezda.org.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1453

Brief translation:

- why Zvezda A-320 no longer sold ? ( Zvezda A-320 was 1:125 Heller repack)

- (Eugene, Zvezda's designer) Out of production. We'll launch new one in 2013 - better and more accurate

I still think the AN225, but I've also heard a company called MODEL is brining out this kit in 1/144, does anybody know anything about this?

AMODEL (or Amodel?) announced a 1:144 An-225 something like 2 years ago, but nothing firm, no CAD files, no test shots. Would sure be a nice addition to Zvezda's catalogue.

Anyway I am very happy with their Il-62M decision as well as their Airbus range (A320 ok, but I am still hoping for the A330). The Revell A320/A330/A340 kits are nice but the Zvezda treatment is the real icing on top of the cake... see the comparison between the Revell 767 (nice) and their kit (drool).

Cheers, Steven