If you suffer from vertigo...........

sloegin57

A day in the life of an "Easyjet" pilot ........and I bet it was half way through the trolley service. :jealous::who-let-rip::repuke:

Great flying ............

Edited by jenko

That is a very nice video but it probably won't give too many vertigo. This one might, though.

Go to the 5:30 mark to get to the meat and bones of this video (and see if you can watch it through to the end without looking away). Hands down, this is one of the scariest videos I have ever seen. It gives me the creeps. The strange thing is, most pilots are probably afraid of heights. I will gladly fly along in a small helicopter at 2,000 feet but I'd never consider climbing that mast.

BM.

That is a very nice video but it probably won't give too many vertigo. This one might, though.

Go to the 5:30 mark to get to the meat and bones of this video (and see if you can watch it through to the end without looking away). Hands down, this is one of the scariest videos I have ever seen. It gives me the creeps. The strange thing is, most pilots are probably afraid of heights. I will gladly fly along in a small helicopter at 2,000 feet but I'd never consider climbing that mast.

BM.

I would love to do that, :speak_cool:

At one point the guy appears to be simply standing on the last level and not secured or holding on while he un-winds his carrabina to hook it on the holes on the top !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggg

Not a job for me and I have done parachute jumping !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What he does would scare the sh*t out of me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You wonder why they just don't make these sort of towers retractable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even if it retracted to half the height, you still would not catch me doing that job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nige

BM.

:fraidnot: That's mad. Got sweaty palms just watching it!

So its not just me that gets sweaty palms from heights!

The strange thing is, leaning out of the cabin door of a Wessex 1000ft above Caernarfon Castle to take a picture did'nt bother me at all,

but that video...no way!

Hmmmmm working at height everyday in my job on lattice towers and wind turbines their is so many things wrong with the way these cowboys work, Free climbing is quicker and you don't get as tired, but I'd rather be tired and go home to wife and unborn child then make a small mistake and die, There a simple systems that can be used that mean you never have to double hook and are always safely attached and can not fall.

Sorry for the rant and yes I would love to do the climb that tower but the funny thing is I hate climbing extension ladders, work that one out!! :mental:

Hmmmmm working at height everyday in my job on lattice towers and wind turbines their is so many things wrong with the way these cowboys work, Free climbing is quicker and you don't get as tired, but I'd rather be tired and go home to wife and unborn child then make a small mistake and die, There a simple systems that can be used that mean you never have to double hook and are always safely attached and can not fall.

Sorry for the rant and yes I would love to do the climb that tower but the funny thing is I hate climbing extension ladders, work that one out!! :mental:

Hi Steve

I climb scaffolds often and sometimes not the best constructed or certified during my work as a building inspector !!!!!!!!!!!! All the buildings in our Council area are never higher than seven storey !!!!!!! Also after storms I can often as not be found attached to a mobile access platform inspecting dangerous chimneys and the like with absolutely no fear !!!!!!!!!!!!! But these guys are mental !!!!!!!!!!

Stay safe ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and may your falls only be short ones with no sudden stops !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nige

Actually, can you do that?

In a C-130, no, because I've never (officially) flown a C-130. But in any number of other aircraft in which I am, or have been checked out, absolutely. It's just basic airspeed, attitude, and energy management. Basic airmanship skills. There are no aerobatic maneuvers at all in that sequence. Just steep turns, max power climbs, etc.

I thought that's what these guys were doing all along? I have to say, I didn't need the sick bag but have you watched a Lynx pilot doing much more that this?

Colin on the Africa Station