RNoAF F-86 "Flying Jokers" 1/72

Then the sanding was done.

There is a little filler needed around the cockpit I just found out when it was test fitted....

DSC_0928.jpg

But it is looking like a Sabre. last painting in the cockpit + pilot tomorrow and gluing the last parts on it and then it is masking time on the hood. After that.... well. Primer on and painting... YEY...

A few pics...

DSC_0931.jpg

DSC_0930.jpg

DSC_0929.jpg

Smoke On Go!!!!!

OK.

Since BM has been down I have not been able to post updates, but.... She is primed and painted in Natural Metal. Not completly happy with the airbrush, but will do for this one. Better luck next time. I will post some pics when I get home... I will not use Gloss on it this time either as the Airbrush is not ok. So decals wil be put on a rough surface....

I will post pics later...

DSC_0935.jpg

DSC_0937.jpg

DSC_0936.jpg

DSC_0941.jpg

DSC_0939.jpg

DSC_0938.jpg

Edited by RNoAF Aerobatic Team

Decals going on.....

DSC_0942.jpg

I have been using a brush for some touchups and using different silvers, bare metals and so on for the different shades... On panels...

And tomorrow the base and everything is finished....

Here is a little taste....

DSC_0944.jpg

DSC_0943.jpg

Will have the pics in the Finished Builds in about 10 hrs..... or so. It`s time for bed. Kids up in 5-6 hrs :banghead:

Nice model, Ørjan.

These are not "Flying Jokers" though. The team was called "Joker Acro Team" back then. The name was changed to "Flying Jokers Aerobatic Team" when the team was re-established with F-5s.

Nils

Wow, that's a beautiful scheme and you did a good job with it !

That is one beautiful Sabre, Ørjan! You have done a really great job. :thumbsup:

Superb!

Nice model, Ørjan.

These are not "Flying Jokers" though. The team was called "Joker Acro Team" back then. The name was changed to "Flying Jokers Aerobatic Team" when the team was re-established with F-5s.

Nils

Nils...

That`s what happens when you are not carful with not checking your background stuff...

Giorgio, Dan, Alpha Delta.

Thank you for your feedback. And Alpha, thank you for your leadership and pressure to finish this.

It is the first model I have finished in ages! So I am happy, but not all the way there yet...

Smoke of, Go!

Alpha, thank you for your leadership and pressure to finish this.

It is the first model I have finished in ages! So I am happy, but not all the way there yet...

Smoke of, Go!

It's been a pleasure, I am really pleased that you have enjoyed the GB and finished your wonderful Sabre.

I am looking forward to seeing your fellow countrymen at Duxford next weekend! :clap2:

That`s what happens when you are not carful with not checking your background stuff...

I'm afraid I'm more an historian than a modeller. That's why I notice such things.

BTW, did you forget to put on the black walkway lines on AH-X, or are they missing on the real aircraft?

Nils

I'm afraid I'm more an historian than a modeller. That's why I notice such things.

BTW, did you forget to put on the black walkway lines on AH-X, or are they missing on the real aircraft?

Nils

Nils

The decals are missing on the sheet....

But not forgotten! :-)

On the original Fujimi set they are not present and the Smoke on Go decal sheet does not cover the small decals... (standard decals)

I am looking thru my stuff for some, If not... Wanted section.

Cheers

Ørjan

Bur surely you must have some black decals...? Just find some delals that you will never use and cut a stripe.

In worst case, mask the stripe with tape and paint it.

Nils