Dragon M4A3 (105mm) HVSS 1:35

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Had a bit of a break after inheriting a blasted virus on the computer, but hopefully back to full strength again......

Have added the metal skirting to the hull and the front wings....

DSCF2439.jpg

DSCF2442.jpg

DSCF2440.jpg

I think I am going to mount it onto a base and the narrow gauge rail has given me a few ideas..

DSCF2443.jpg

Smudge

• 2 weeks later...

Tony I love the way that PE has come out for the skirting, it's so easy to make a hash of that (well for me anyway).

Great idea with the train tracks, a mate of mine did that a couple of years ago with a Panther and it looked great.

Cheers

Tony I love the way that PE has come out for the skirting, it's so easy to make a hash of that (well for me anyway).

Great idea with the train tracks, a mate of mine did that a couple of years ago with a Panther and it looked great.

Cheers

Cheers mate, that was the first PE I have ever used, I have cheated a little as I put a shelf of very thin plasticard on the hull first to support it. I remembered seeing a Sherman Firefly model crossing a set of tracks a few years ago at a show in Cardiff, and that has stayed in my mind.....This seemed a good way to get it out of there, I need all the room I can get these days. :mental: .........All the best........Smudge

• 2 weeks later...

After a spray of Halfords black primer, I have given it a finishing coat of Xtracolor faded olive drab using my trusty Paasche airbrush. I still have the tracks to assemble with all the little fiddly bits that entails, and of course I need to start painting the base to represent Austria 1945. I found a photo of the actual tank I'm building in my copy of Armour at War, the M4 Sherman by Steve Zaloga.

005_800x600-1.jpg

Just out of the paint shop..

009_800x600-2.jpg

007_800x600-2.jpg

No, it's not going to be a snow scene.....

011_800x600-2.jpg

More soon.......Smudge

Decals applied and a quick weathering to take the edge off the Xtracolor paint.... Started to paint the base with ballasting done on the tracks and the odd bit of greenery too...... the figures are a mixture of Tamiya and Dragon and they need finishing off as well...... Still the dreaded tracks, my work area is covered with bits of them......Next will be to give it a covering coat of MicroScale varnish......Hopefully the next instalment will be it completed.....

001_1067x800.jpg

004_1067x800.jpg

.Smudge..

• 2 weeks later...

I finally finished the Sherman, and here she is. I have called it "Big tracks on little tracks" It depicts an M4A3 (105mm) HVSS of the 67th Battalion,13th Armoured Division in Austria, May 1945. Built OOB with only a few bits n pieces from the spares box. Sprayed with Xtracolor Faded olive drab and weathered with Grumbacher pastels, ( Bought in the PX at NAS Cecil Fields, Florida) This was my first Group Build and I have enjoyed it very much.........Smudge

013_709x800.jpg

017_1067x800.jpg

019_1067x800.jpg

022_1067x800.jpg

015_1067x800.jpg

Edited by swordfish fairey

• 4 weeks later...