1/48 F-16CJ Block 50 CCIP

A bit more done today. Tail fin added and wing tip launchers added:

IMG_2343.jpg

Intake assembly installed and the left side HTS attached:

IMG_2345.jpg

IMG_2347.jpg

Few small bits of filler needed here, nothing major. I also filled the holes on the outer sections of the wings as i will be leaving the launchers off and just adding the two wingtip mounted AIM-120's as per this photo:

F-16.jpg

The nose assembly has also required a second application of filler:

IMG_2344.jpg

Just need to tidy up the nose and intake and that's her ready for priming.

More to follow.

Dave

Ready for priming today. Tidied up all the rough areas (all 2 of them :lol: ) and cleaned up the nose:

IMG_2371.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

Main landing gear bay assembled (the U/C legs need to go in before the rest of the parts):

IMG_2372.jpg

Wolfpack Sniper pod:

IMG_2367.jpg

And the pylons with the bomb racks attached:

IMG_2368.jpg

GBU-12's will be on the TER (left) and GBU-38's on the VER (right).

Should hopefully have more progress during the week.

More to follow.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Good bit of progress to report. Airframe has been painted over the past few days and this is where it is as of 16.30 today:

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_2419.jpg

Weapons are also finished. First up, the GBU's. I wanted a weathered/ greasy look on these so broke out the pastels after painting:

IMG_2411.jpg

I also 'drooped' the seeker heads on the GBU-12's. AMRAAM's next:

IMG_2412.jpg

Fuel tanks:

IMG_2416.jpg

Sniper pod:

IMG_2413.jpg

GE-110 exhaust painted and the inner petals weathered:

IMG_2414.jpg

Covered ACES II seat almost complete:

IMG_2415.jpg

Next up is to gloss the airframe and other components then get the decals on followed by a wash.

More to follow.

Dave

Looking good. I like the stores config. Too bad Shawn Hull is up and running, as he makes a better Sniper Pod.

For future reference, the seat cover only extends over/covers up to the lower seat cushion; not down to the bottom of the front seat base.

Plan to add the HUD over too?

Edited by Mike V

Looking good. I like the stores config. Too bad Shawn Hull is up and running, as he makes a better Sniper Pod.

For future reference, the seat cover only extends over/covers up to the lower seat cushion; not down to the bottom of the front seat base.

Plan to add the HUD over too?

Thanks Mike.

Yes great news about Shawn. He's sending me some bits and pieces for my 1/48 B-1B.

Thanks for the info regarding the seat. I can always try and rectify it later on. HUD cover is also going on as are AOA covers and a pitot tube cover as per photos of 'parked up' vipers I have seen agt Bagram. I imagine sand and dust would be quite an issue to the aircrafts sensitive kit!

Dave

More progress. Gloss went on last night so i was able to put the decals on today:

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2430.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

Sealed down with another coat of gloss and left to dry for about 2 hours before I broke out the Flory Models wash. On it went:

IMG_2432.jpg

After an hours drying, off it came:

IMG_2433.jpg

IMG_2434.jpg

The Sniper pod, pylons, fuel tanks and AIM-120's also got a coating:

IMG_2436.jpg

IMG_2437.jpg

IMG_2435.jpg

IMG_2438.jpg

Just sealing all that in now with a few coats of flat. Next up will be to assemble the landing gear, add nav lights, probe covers, exhaust etc etc.

More to follow.

Dave

Brief update. Added the covers ACES II seat to the cockpit:

IMG_2444.jpg

The fit is just about perfect. Need to add the coaming, instrument panel and coverd HUD to the cockpit to finish it off. Next, added the landing gear and doors:

IMG_2445.jpg

Pylons and exhaust also went on as did the nav lights:

IMG_2446.jpg

I also attempted to attach the Steel Beach AOA probe covers but they were horribly oversized and looked awful. So i'll just go with the bare probes. Not exactly the covered up look of the jet i was going for but can't do much about that unless someone has a set of the Dr Pepper covers in the stash :lol:

A few tidy ups are needed before the final bring-together. All being well should be finished by Sunday.

More to follow.

Dave

Almost done on this one. Just have to add some RBF tags and hopefully a new set of AOA probe covers and that's that.

This is how she looks as of 16.30 today:

IMG_2467.jpg

IMG_2468.jpg

More to follow.

Dave

Very smart, good work bud.

Thanks mate. Just noticing now but i don't think i've curved the gunship grey/light ghost grey demarkation lines beneath the cockpit enough. Ah well, too late now!

Awesome! Nice work DaveJL

I' always watch your builds and it always amazes me the amount of work you manage to get done in the time frame and to such a great level too! Nice one! :worthy: :worthy: