RAF Phantom in Airfix magazine?

Paul Wagner

On the last page of the current (June) Airfix magazine, there is a small photo of a RAF Phantom in a very dark scheme I've not seen before. I presume it was some kind of anniversary scheme? Anyway, does anyone have any info on it, or better photos/references? I thought it was quite fetching....

Paul

Ah, 'twas the Blue Phantom! Thanks! Now, is there a decal set for it?

Paul

Depends what scale. In 1/72 you have the following options,

Xtradecal blue Phantom

Modeldecal sheet 116

The Modeldecal sheet is one of the few not available from Hannants but does crop up on Ebay now and then and has the decals for the 92 Sqdn machine XV408. XT899 on the Xtradecal sheet is the 19 Sqdn machine finished in the identical Roundel Blue scheme.

In 1/48 I'm not aware of anything and Hannants currently have nothing listed, but that's not to say someone might've done a sheet in the past.

Mark.

Probably not relevent, but in 1/48, Revell released the Hasegawa FGR.2 with blue 92 Squadron markings, and Hasegawa did a release as a blue special-both Nos.19 and 92 Sqns special aircraft were included. They sometimes appear on ebay Also, I think Aeromaster covered at least one of these aircraft in their RAF / RN Phantom series. Can't help thinking maybe Fujimi released one of these as a kit too in 1/72. Please don't quote me on that, it's just a hunch!

Joel

Edited by Bandwagon 106

Can't help thinking maybe Fujimi released one of these as a kit too in 1/72. Please don't quote me on that, it's just a hunch!

Joel

They did 111sq black mike and the 19/92sqn blue birds were an option in another kit

43 Squadron's Black Mike?!?! I thought better of you Mr Fleming....

Mark.

It was 1.24 in the morning!!

I must get a set of decals for that one LOL. Sorry Dave, couldn't resist! :deadhorse:

I could call your bluff and show you a shot of Black Mike with 43 Squadron markings, taken shortly before her final flight..........

It was 1.24 in the morning!!

I could call your bluff and show you a shot of Black Mike with 43 Squadron markings, taken shortly before her final flight..........

Or a Camo'd one with 111 and 43's markings on, raise you!