Fe2b Wingnut Wings 1/32

Many thanks for the kind comments guys, it is much appreciated.

Rizzo, give the fishing line a try, I much prefer it for the strength it gives these larger models, they really benefit from it.

One extra picture taken during construction that might be of interest. I painted false roundels on the underside of the top wings where they would be visible when viewed from underneath as sunlight streamed through. On the real thing they were painted on the top surface of the top wing directly on to the clear doped linen, and then the PC8 camoflage colour went on later, producing a shadow effect when seen from underneath. Its very subtle but I'm reasonably pleased how it turned out;

FE2b19.jpg

Can you see it?

Cheers,

John

[edit - damn typos!]

Edited by Viking
  • Like 1

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Duncan B said:

I'm a little late to the party but jings, that's a fantastic piece of work isn't it?

Duncan B

Yes, same for me. So glad I was browsing the forum tonight. I love this plane and seeing it made so beautifully is wonderful. Top class modelling.

Brilliant looking model, so much detail and so well in the way it has been made 😊

Brilliant looking model, so much detail and so well in the way it has been made 😊

That, my friend, is a thing of sheer beauty.

It's one of the best models I've seen on this site.

It is immaculate in every sense and every area of the model is perfectly finished.

My only criticism....................it's not mine :D

Thank you for letting us share it with you.

Edited by cngaero

A beautiful build of museum quality.  Terrific paintwork and rigging.  These Wingnut models really do look  amazing.  I wish they'd venture in to 1/72 as I'd really like an Fe2.