1/32 Revell F-14A

Hi all

Well I never thought I'd make it here with this one - (see build thread here) but I am glad she made it. I have a couple of special BM'ers to thank along the way without whom she would probably not have been finished. Firstly Phartycr0c (Dave) who donated his spare cockpit to replace the glue-mangled original and Smyfe (Mick) who donated the burner cans and some invaluable canopy bits. Thanks guys.

Anyway, other than that she is HUGE and a nice addition to the display shelf. She is built to represent a/c 160318/3-6020 of the Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force, at TFB8 Khatami in 1987. The decals are Techmod (and are beautiful) and the Revell originals (with the RESCUE arrows scratchbuilt) the paints are Lifecolor, Xtracrylix and Alclad. The pitot is by Master. I have kept her clean as I have yet to see a 'dirty' IRIAF machine. Hope you like her and thanks for looking...

001-7.jpg

002-9.jpg

003-10.jpg

004-11.jpg

005-5.jpg

006-6.jpg

007-4.jpg

008-3.jpg

012-2.jpg

013-1.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

022.jpg

014.jpg

It's about time :evil_laugh: , only joking. It's hard to believe that this is the same kit??? you started with, you have made a superb job of her and it is a model to be truly proud of. What's next, got the popcorn ready :thumbsup:

Mick

Edited by smyfe

Very nice Andy, :speak_cool:

Thanks Dave - I've got to try and get her back upstairs now!

Wow, that is one huge Cat! Love it, very nice, good to see one in Iranian camo.

Thanks mate and yes it is a bit big - it dwarfs the Hunter!

It's about time :evil_laugh: , only joking. It's hard to believe that this is the same kit??? you started with, you have made a superb job of her and it is a model to be truly proud of. What's next, got the popcorn ready :thumbsup:

Mick

Cheers Mick - couldn't have completed her without your help! I think I'll give 1/32 a rest and go back to 1/48 for a bit! Marine PBJ-1 next once I've finished the lawn dart...I mean F-16

Very nice indeed Andy, A tuff build with all the problems you had with it from the start bud, but you have pulled this one off big time, well done!!!

Thanks Chris - you can see why I wanted to hang on to it now! Good job it was a 5 month GB and not a 3 month one!

Very nice indeed.
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
That is a big bird you should be proud of!

Great result, mate!

Thanks chaps - it means a lot!

Gorgeous job Andy, she really does look well in that scheme.

Thanks mate - I've always loved this scheme and couldn't resist it once I'd bought the kit

Seriously amazing stuff, it's hard to believe it when you look at what you started with.

Will

Thanks Will - it's nice to see her finished

Great finish Andy, glad to see you finished it :speak_cool:

High praise indeed from a major 'Cat fan! Thanks Andy!

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant job. I did the tamiya kit about 10 years ago and still have it even though the elements have got to it. I think I will get me another one and do it all again as it is really a beautiful kit to build. Superb paintwork.

Steve from Oz

Brilliant job. I did the tamiya kit about 10 years ago and still have it even though the elements have got to it. I think I will get me another one and do it all again as it is really a beautiful kit to build. Superb paintwork.

Steve from Oz

Hi Steve, you should. I was a bit dubious because of the overall size, but it looks so good on my (enlarged!) display shelf. It even drew a comment from my mother when she visited (which, believe me, is saying something!!)