Hobby boss 1:72 Hawker (AW) Seahawk

Ok some of you will have seen the build log here :

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...topic=234909729

But i thought id post some nice finished pics on this section for a critique :)

photo-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

photo3-vi.jpg

Enjoy !

Chris :)

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Slowly searching out all the Sea Hawk buiilds here and yours Chris is not only a beautiful build, but it sets the bar for me as I too am making the same machine. Lovely!!!

Edit - Correction I'm making A/188 taxiing at Yeovilton; not 187, as you've built yours.

Cheers,

Nobby57

Edited by Nobby57
  • Like 1

What a fantastic build. This looks lovely, you've truly created a smashing model with this kit. The seahawk is a fascinating jet and they look lovely in the livery you've modeled. I recently bought an old airfix tooling of this but I'm definitely going to get this kit. I bet you paid little for this aswell, knowing Hobbyboss. What a great qreat bargain, a pocket money kit that produces a great quality build.

Excellent work. regards

Holy thread resurgance... I wasnt expecting this wee beauty to pop up again ! Yeah shes a nice build with only really two issues. The fit of front fuselage to the back fuselage is a horrid join to clean up as it goes straight across the jet exhaust end plates... However since i built this there is now a eduard etched set that helps a great deal and i would recommend it highly.... And two the instructions show large codes across the top wings as well as the bottom... This is wrong they should only be on the bottom... Basically buy the etched set and check your references and you should have no problems at all. Any questions though feel free to message me :)

Thanks again for all the kind words though its nice to know people like what you do :)

Chris