Hasegawa F-16N Top Gun

Small update:

Paint finished (bar minor touch -ups etc), glossed and ready for decals! Not too unhappy with the final scheme, although it still isn't right.

Ho hum :rolleyes:

DSC00980.JPG

DSC00983.JPG

And....

Decals on! Superscale decals worked well, responded well to MicroSol and Set, although one or two of the decals were, well, odd... The 'NAVY' on the spine was too small (I ended up using the yellowed Hasegawa kit decal for that) and the information stencils either side of the cockpit is white, rather than a light grey.

Anyway, enough prevaricating!

DSC00987.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Nearly there now...

Decided that the 'Rescue' and associated decals next to the cockpit were too bright, so I removed them and used the more 'tactical' Hasegawa decals. A bit of UV light and some Microsol/set later, they were on and made a much better impression, although thicker than the Superscale decals.

Sealed in with varnish, the Viper was given Uncle Phil's own Dark Wash to weather and pick out the panel lines.

DSC00999.JPG

DSC01005.JPG

DSC01003.JPG

Think I've run out of steam with mine, can't see it being done before the deadline :(

Noooooo! There's always time! Be great to see yours up there DannyB

Cheers Wellzy,

There's more to come yet! Going to try doing some brake lines and get the ACMI pod and Sidewinder acquisition round on and a few minor bits. Should be done shortly in the week.

Noooooo! There's always time! Be great to see yours up there DannyB

Cheers mate, I'm gonna try and get a good amount done tonight and see where I am. Really need to get the build thread updated too!

So, I was going for this;

acx.jpg

And have now finished this F-16N

DSC01016.JPG

DSC01012.JPG

DSC01020.JPG

More pictures in the gallery and the RFI section.

Edited by Parabat

Cheers DannyB!

There are a few minor things wrong with her, but vanity precludes me mentioning them! (the eagle-eyed may spot them in due course though)

I used Brasso as a finisher for the canopy, I think it might have contributed to making the canopy brittle...

Agreed, this is by far my favourite F-16 colour scheme!