Tamiya Fw190A-8, aerial added.

Just finished this. A nice kit but adding the Aires u/c bay proved troublesome. However, it was the first kit that I rivetted without going over every divot with a needle, and it was therefore much quicker to do. I'll almost certainly rivet every model I build from now on. I did rush it at the end just to get it done today so some of the weathering is a little simplified. I've definitely enjoyed building it, though I think if I were to do another 190 I'd have a go at either the Hasegawa or Eduard examples, as they both have more in the way of detail.

I've fitted the aerial which should hang slack so the before and after pics should be obvious. The Tamiya instructions show no aerial but I've since discovered that it was only missing the tensioning device and therefore the wire just hung slack. Also looking at some pics, the wire tended to remain slightly distorted when slack. Just as well! I've also weathered up the fuel tank with plenty of scuffs and grime, it just looked too clean and stood out too much. The model is now in a case were it shall remain, safe from dust. I'm now calling this one 100% finished and I shall now move on to something else, the shed is now cleaned in anticipation of the next job, and I can't wait to start whatever will come next (I should really finish my 1/32 Dragon Bf 109E-4!).

fw190jehgfejhgf0002_1.jpg

fw190jehgfejhgf0001_4.jpg

fw190jehgfejhgf0001_1.jpg

fw190jehgfejhgf0005.jpg

fw190jehgfejhgf0002.jpg

fw190jehgfejhgf0002-1.jpg

fw190jehgfejhgf0003-1.jpg

fw190jehgfejhgf0001-1.jpg

fw190jehgfejhgf0005-1.jpg

fw190jehgfejhgf0007-1.jpg

I may redo some of the pics but I'm modelled out and my wife is losing her patience!

Edited by turnerdad

Stunning piece of work - real WOW factor and great save from the paint disaster earlier in the week. Brilliant modelling

...Lovely work as usual...some more info

http://falkeeins.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/re...er-5jg-300.html

Very interesting, I knew he liked taking on the Mustangs. I'll add the slack aerial wire later. Interesting mottling, I was worried mine might be slightly OTT, but looking at that pic, mine is definitely restrained in comparison! Thanks.

Fantastic Focke Wulf! Very nice painting and weathering :) I wish to build more Focke Wulf yet, (I have 2 pcs in scale 1:32 yet). I have an similar decal with red stripe, red number end red text. I like this pattern. Your Work make me inspiration to start again a FW-190, but in scale 1:32.

And the riveting.... beautiful!

What did you used to the finish varnish? very nice the view! ;)

Edited by HADman

Fantastic Focke Wulf! Very nice painting and weathering :) I wish to build more Focke Wulf yet, (I have 2 pcs in scale 1:32 yet). I have an similar decal with red stripe, red number end red text. I like this sheme. Your Work make me inspiration to start again a FW-190, but in scale 1:32.

And the riveting.... beautiful!

What did you used to the finish warnish? very nice the view! ;)

I always use highly thinned (about 1 part varnish to 5 parts thinner) Xtracrylix matt varnish thinned with Xtracrylix thinner. I love the stuff, and dries with a slight sheen which is what I want.

Thanks for the nice comments.

I always use highly thinned (about 1 part varnish to 5 parts thinner) Xtracrylix matt varnish thinned with Xtracrylix thinner. I love the stuff, and dries with a slight sheen which is what I want.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Pleasure! :) Really not can see everyday a lot of work like this :)

Thanks your instructions, I will order an Xtracrylix matt varnish with the thiner, I never used yet them.

Edited by HADman