Two new part works

Dave T

Got issue 1!! in WH Smiths now. :thumbsup:

Don't think will subscribe though. Have visions of further months of pain!!! Like you Steve, looking forward to the Sea king, be interesting to compare to the Corgi version. Quite impressed with the Blackhawk for the price.

Stu

Well spotted folks.

Was gonna bump this up today anyway as my local newsagents (and WH Smiths) have part one (Blackhawk) in again. I presume it's now a UK wide release ?

Anyhow, Seaking and Chinook are highly recommended, but never spotted part 4 onwards.

:speak_cool:

i got the first 4 issues (blackhawk, sea king, chinook, apache) then they dried up. going to get another 2 sea kings to bring total up to 4 i think (with possible repaints and conversions) and my local newsagent said she would order it for me from issue 5. happy bunny...so far

Issue 2 Sea king is out now. I have placed an order with newsagent as i have no faith with subscribing. Have to say from a distance they look great especially next to the Corgi sea king. Up close though, its a different story. My sea king had big splotches of white paint on the tail rotor. Clouded canopy with gluey brown fingerprints all over. Shouldn't complain for £4.99 and could just be a crap one off in a batch?

Mrs is rolling her eyes again!!! :fight: I can feel a compromise coming, probably along the lines of "You can have the Corgi ones, occasionally, or collect these ones!!" Hmmmm the old problem.... Quantity versus Quality!

Chinook Next!!!

When I worked for Modelzone, these partworks were the bain of y life!! They just bought up all the unsold copies and sent them into shops, then we had to seperate the magazine from the model/collectable/toy, and price them up. We'd end up, up to our knees in plastic, and tacky glue, and magazines in various lanuages

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking the models are gonna be a mixed bag of quality!! :tomato:

Got another Sea King (For a re-paint) Looking suspicious in Smiths, for ages, peering through the packaging. Some are great, others are awful and even badly broken in places. Looking at the glue splotches paint dolups and fingerprints all over first one, they must be hand assembled. Thinking its Russian Roulette as to who builds it!!

My local newsagent (High Wycombe, Bucks) has just got these - UH-60 about 3 weeks ago and Sea King HC.4 last week. After a bit of work, the sea King is coming along nicely, though 5 rotorblades glued together by yellow paint was a surprise.

Edited by Nigel Bunker

• 3 weeks later...

My local outfits got quite a lot of Chinook and (this weeks is) the Apache (issue 4).When i lived in weston super mud,north somerset,we used to get part works up to about part 10,then it stalled to 1 a month waiting for the rest of the country to catch up.Then it reverted to weekly parts.I think east angular (intentional sp.) is one of those "rest of the country"

• 7 months later...

Down here in South Africa, we've just had issue No.1 released at R29.90, the equivelent of 2.13 UK Pounds. For a fifteen/sixteen page 'magazine' and a free Sea King helicopter, I have to say I'm dissapointed! The magazine is at best a booklet, there are a coupleof mistakes and the model is poorly finished. I had to sort throught the shelf to find an undamaged one.

I posted my discontent on the their Facebook page and last evening recieved a reply from Amercorp to the effect hat they thougth a free magazine with a die-cast model was good value. Their blurb that came in the mag states free model with the magazine!!!!

The next issue will be R49.90 (3 Pounds 56) from there on to the end R89.90 (6.42 UK Pounds) multiply that by 78 issues (2 at a lower cover price) equates to R6942.00 enough for an air ticket to the UK or even a sunny holiday destination. Having looked at the pics of some of the models, I have to say I don't see the value in them, not to mention the mistakes in the Sea King issue.

As an aside,I see Key Publishing is behind this partwork! I subscribe to AFM which is a top rate mag, which makes me even more disspointed.

Colin