Two new part works

Dave T

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I loved the look of the Helicopter Collection and i couldn't find it anywhere? Asked at several WH Smiths and just got blank looks back!! :hypnotised:

Decided to call up and subscribe as thought would build into a fantastic collection, especially the Sea king and Chinooks (Look like Corgi Copies?)

Well that was over 4 weeks ago now. Was promised issue one will arrive within 3 weeks? Still nothing, seems pointless calling up the customer care center again as last rang a week ago and apparently the series has yet to be sent out from the source.. Wherever that may be??? :banghead:

Looks like i have fallen into another crap magazine partwork trap!!!

Doh!

Tanks Dave,

Will leave it a few more weeks before cancelling they do look good for the money tho? Did you manage to locate any of the earlier issues? are they any good?

Stu

ive got these so far...first was a uh-60, then the sea king, chinook and apache longbow...this week should be a Cobra. Im getting them from my local newsagent

Steve

Edited by kspriss

I don't collect the Corgi range due to the high prices these days, but these cheaper versions seem mighty fine to me, especially the SeaKing as i scooped up quite a few (didn't i Steve ?).

Popped into Smiths on Saturday and they had Vulcan XH558 in 1/144 which now graces my display cabinet.

Which Smiths is this? No sign in any of them here in Kent?

Rang the customer services again today and guess what?...... Still waiting on delivery from supplier and no idea when due in! Could be weeks? Apparently?? :shithappens:

Which Smiths is this? No sign in any of them here in Kent?

Rang the customer services again today and guess what?...... Still waiting on delivery from supplier and no idea when due in! Could be weeks? Apparently?? :shithappens:

when are they out not seen in shops yet

Well, I loved the look of the Helicopter Collection and i couldn't find it anywhere? Asked at several WH Smiths and just got blank looks back!! :hypnotised:

Decided to call up and subscribe as thought would build into a fantastic collection, especially the Sea king and Chinooks (Look like Corgi Copies?)

Well that was over 4 weeks ago now. Was promised issue one will arrive within 3 weeks? Still nothing, seems pointless calling up the customer care center again as last rang a week ago and apparently the series has yet to be sent out from the source.. Wherever that may be??? :banghead:

Looks like i have fallen into another crap magazine partwork trap!!!

Doh!

Apparently, according to the manager in my local WHSmiths, some part-works are only released 'regionally', within the UK. I'm (and neither was he) know what the criteria are, as we in Essex seem to get rally cars, fighters and super heroes!

Anyway, that is probably why you could not find it locally, though it might come to your area at some future point (we didn't get it locally).

jh

It was when I worked for WH Smiths that part works were issued by TV areas for testing the norm then was tsw/west county and tyne tees and htv or what ever their are called now. Depending on sales then the partwork would be roll out by tv area or national level. Which could end up with south west getting 1 issues per month until the rest of the country caught up with it. Hope this helps.

They did say, the subscriptions were different suppliers to the shop stocks???? Given up now..... Very Very poor customer services. I wander how it all works? The logistics i mean? surely you don't take a product to market, offer extra gifts to entice a subscription, get people to sign up and subscribe with strict cancellation conditions (They sound Strict :analintruder: ) then promise it will be delivered within 3 weeks. Then 8 weeks later..... Still Nothing....... If there is a problem, would it really hurt to let there customers know? Grrrrrrrr!

Rant over... and Breath!

Now lets have a look at some nice friendly Corgi Helicopters!

"Dear Mr ****

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that unfortunately this collection has unexpectedly been discontinued. At this point we are not able to fulfill any orders. Should this situation change, we will notify you. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require further assistance"

Well there you go, it was the same firm that did "The Fighter Aircraft Collection"

In the unlikely event of the situation changing I will let you all know :shithappens:

Terry

Finally got some contact today in the form of a letter.

The line has been discontinued and as such my subscription has been cancelled before it started! (see sub section blah of section blah of your subscription!)

Would still love to know how these things work, if anyone out there has any knowledge?

I know the models exist as they are readily available on ebay. The magazine is available as it has appeared in select WHSmiths stores.

Could it be that a very small batch of each issue was published and put out into the market in the UK, with no real intention of continuing unless subscription numbers made it financially credible?

Hmmm.

Could it be that a very small batch of each issue was published and put out into the market in the UK, with no real intention of continuing unless subscription numbers made it financially credible?

Hmmm.

yes thats very possible :(

steve

• 1 month later...