PRU Spitfire PR1d BR416

Ooh, dire straits there Peter. I've got some clear Craft Computer Paper if you want me to have a crack at replicating them?

Thanks guys. I'm normally a pretty confident decal-wielder but these ones really got me.

Pavla have kindly offered to replace the decals (I only wrote to ask if I could purchase another sheet and report I had problems, I don't think I can entirely blame the decals and I might have had more luck on a true gloss surface).

Annoyingly, I almost got the Model Alliance PRU Spitfire decal sheet on my last Hannants order, but culled it due to cost. I have used Model Alliance decals and they're pretty good. Like I said, this model is now very unlikely to meet the group build deadline but I hope one day the model will be finished!

Also, has anyone found a way to get any decals to settle into Airfix's deep panel lines? I think I will probably remove all the decals and cut the new ones apart. I went heavy with the Micro Sol on the wing roundels (Airfix have a raised lug on the wing where the roundels go) and although this worked really well and the decals softened and conformed to the lug very well, they still 'bridge' the panel lines.

I have done a bit of weathering on this while I wait for decals...

tfTEj.jpg

I apologise for my recent poor photo quality, but this close to the South Pole there is limited daylight and my artificial light options and skills are limited.