Aircraft Tug.

Blue Monday

Can anybody identify the exact model of this aircraft tug? My guess is that it's a Clarktor of some kind or other but I'm not sure. I am trying to add a little detail if possible so photos of the full-size vehicle would be really useful. This tractor is in 1/72 scale and comes from an old Revell of Germany F-16 kit.

P1010283.jpg

Does anyone know of other 1970's and 80's vintage tugs available in 1/72? Thanks.

BM.

Can anybody identify the exact model of this aircraft tug? My guess is that it's a Clarktor of some kind or other but I'm not sure. I am trying to add a little detail if possible so photos of the full-size vehicle would be really useful. This tractor is in 1/72 scale and comes from an old Revell of Germany F-16 kit.

P1010283.jpg

Does anyone know of other 1970's and 80's vintage tugs available in 1/72? Thanks.

BM.

I am no expert but that is definitely a Clark and it looks like the ones that I was driving in the sixties....at that time I was under the impression that they dated from the forties!

Regards Dave

• 1 month later...

P1010283.jpg

BM.

Bobkit did an airfield set that included a tug,and the hasegawa mentor kit includes a mitsubishi tug,then you also have the hasegawa airfield sets,one of which has a USAF tractor/tug.........Neil

• 4 years later...
On 5/1/2012 at 6:42 PM, Blue Monday said:

I always thought it was a Revell design inspired by the Clarktor-6, but today I found pictures of it in 'Strategic Reconnaissance 1956-1976' (pages 189 and 219), plus it's seen in this video starting at the 5:48 mark.

Rob

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...