Cuprar's American Airline A380

As most of you know I love an A380 and I plan on building 4 in this GB and the first one will be an AA bird! I will be using chrome BMF for the fuselage. I also had custom decals made by Mark Borer over in the states and Ray at twosix made my cheat lines for me so a big thank you to both well here are some pics

a8f0e579.jpg

cf9dfb7c.jpg

Edited by cuprar

this is going to be interesting.....as much as anything as to speculate as to which bits will be airbus grey...

at a guess, and a starting point, the fin defo, and the wing root fairings

anything else???

Are you going to use AA's airbus A300-600's as a guide or just let the imagination wonder and wander?

Ok then, I made a start this morning, only got 4 hours before I started work do I'll carry on when I get home after I drop the Chelsea bods of lol

Right I'm building to at a time so bare with me. I got both set of wings and tail planes made and one fuselage. Right here are some pics

f7d9422a.jpg

3eda6cce.jpg

Thats it till 1am when I get home from work

Edited by cuprar

this is going to be interesting.....as much as anything as to speculate as to which bits will be airbus grey...

at a guess, and a starting point, the fin defo, and the wing root fairings

anything else???

Are you going to use AA's airbus A300-600's as a guide or just let the imagination wonder and wander?

You know what I'm like Kev, I like to wonder on things

Started on the flaps tonight! Only got one side started and the rear flaps on the tail planes

6cdfe590.jpg

And the flaps on the wings

7b25be26.jpg

They need a lot more work to them yet! This stage took me 3 hours alone to do. Its going to be a long build lol

Edited by cuprar

I had as thought - dont know if this will help with the BMF but anyway;

Depending on which bits you paint light grey, spray it the whole thing first then micro mesh it so its ultra smooth

very needed coz anything under it will show through BMF

then apply the foil.

That way you can cut the foil to shapre around your grey areas

hth