So now we have a winner.....

1 Navy Bird

2 Andy Mullen

3 Dave JL

4 Kev1n

We have four prizes;

A set of USN Squadron patches, donated by RNoAF Aerobatic Team

The Book 'Tomcat The Grumman F14' by Lou Drendel, donated by Jacksdad64

1/48th scale decal, donated by Giorgio (see pic below)

$20 of Royal Resin - you choose, donated by Parabat

this is the decal -

48-098.jpg

I'll get a scan of the book up later

The patches I have somewhere safe....not sure where but I know I have them stashed away somplace....I'll go look...

After discussing it with my co-host, we came up with an idea; instead of a straight 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th, since we dont really know what your interests are, the winner can pick the prize he wants, 2nd place picks from the 3 remaining, 3rd picks from the two that are left, and since I squeaked into 4th by the skin of my teeth (boy that was close!!!), I get what is left...

Personally I hope nobody chooses Lou Drendel's book, I've got rather attached to it....but DONT let that influence you, choose it if you want it.

so how does that sound?

Edited by kev1n

As co-host, let me first of all thank all the modellers who took part in the Tomcat STGB. IMHO it was a great group build, with a lot of very good models in plenty of interesting markings. I also enjoied watching the mix of scales with several small 1/144 kits being built together with their bigger brothers.

As there's a poll and there are prizes, congratulations to the winners: congratulations to Navy Bird, that won first place with a very convincing score. And congratulations to Andy, Dave and Kev1n for their second, third and fourth place.

Last but not least, thanks to the Captain for having hosted the STGB and all his work.

Now wonder how long until we can have another F-14 group build... I'll miss being far from the danger zone.. ;)

Now wonder how long until we can have another F-14 group build... I'll miss being far from the danger zone.. ;)

Well you can count me out next time - I'm going nowhere near any bloody 1/48 Revell Tomcats ever again...

well, if I end up with the decal, it will give me an excuse to build one in 1/48th........

Awesome win Navy Bird, well deserved especially when you consider it's in umpa lumpa scale! :worthy:

Also, just want to thank the person that voted for mine! I really enjoyed my first group build and to get even a single vote was the icing on the cake :D:frantic:

I want to thank you all for this GB, although I did not finish mine....

It has been a blast to see your WIP`s and the results!

I will finish mine and post it later. A great thanks to the hosts and our Captain!

Lt. SNAFU taking my last cat shot of this GB... sort of way...

Edited by RNoAF Aerobatic Team

So now we have a winner.....

1 Navy Bird

2 Andy Mullen

3 Dave JL

4 Kev1n

We have four prizes;

A set of USN Squadron patches, donated by RNoAF Aerobatic Team

The Book 'Tomcat The Grumman F14' by Lou Drendel, donated by Jacksdad64

1/48th scale decal, donated by Giorgio (see pic below)

$20 of Royal Resin - you choose, donated by Parabat

The patches I have somewhere safe....not sure where but I know I have them stashed away somplace....I'll go look...

After discussing it with my co-host, we came up with an idea; instead of a straight 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th, since we dont really know what your interests are, the winner can pick the prize he wants, 2nd place picks from the 3 remaining, 3rd picks from the two that are left, and since I squeaked into 4th by the skin of my teeth (boy that was close!!!), I get what is left...

Personally I hope nobody chooses Lou Drendel's book, I've got rather attached to it....but DONT let that influence you, choose it if you want it.

so how does that sound?

I hope that the patches are safe.... IN A SAFE!!!!!!! lol

Thanks to everyone who participated! This was a fun group build - it was only my second one but I think I've become addicted to them. There is always lots to learn, and it amazes me how knowledgable and helpful all you Britmodellers are! It is an honour and a pleasure to be part of this group! :)

I'll have to give some thought to the prizes. I believe I already have the book (but need to check), and I always build in Braille Scale so the decal sheet is out. So I guess it's between the patches and the resin. I'm not familiar with Royal Resin, so I'll check to see if they have anything in the daft scale that I can use on an upcoming build.

For those who are anxious for F-14 GB2, there is a "Swing Wing" GB coming up. All of your unbuilt F-14 kits are prime material for that one! Anytime, Baby!!! :)

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks to everyone who participated! This was a fun group build - it was only my second one but I think I've become addicted to them. There is always lots to learn, and it amazes me how knowledgable and helpful all you Britmodellers are! It is an honour and a pleasure to be part of this group! :)

I'll have to give some thought to the prizes. I believe I already have the book (but need to check), and I always build in Braille Scale so the decal sheet is out. So I guess it's between the patches and the resin. I'm not familiar with Royal Resin, so I'll check to see if they have anything in the daft scale that I can use on an upcoming build.

For those who are anxious for F-14 GB2, there is a "Swing Wing" GB coming up. All of your unbuilt F-14 kits are prime material for that one! Anytime, Baby!!! :)

Cheers,

Bill

Ah, maybe I'm confusing Royale Resin with Royal Resin? The former makes 1:48 scale resin accessories and the latter makes the resin and other material for casting? I'll need some help from the Captain and First Mate to learn more so I can make an informed choice! :)

Cheers,

Bill

I want to thank you all for this GB, although I did not finish mine....

It has been a blast to see your WIP`s and the results!

I will finish mine and post it later. A great thanks to the hosts and our Captain!

Lt. SNAFU taking my last cat shot of this GB... sort of way...

SNAFU, I realised that I made a big mistake: I forgot to thanks those like you who have donated prizes !

Cheers,

Bill

Bill, might not be a bad idea at all ! I have a few in the stash that need building...

Hi mates,

I've made my decision, and I'll go for the set of USN squadron patches (I hope you were able to find the safe place you left them in!). Thanks again to everyone who built models for this GB and a special thank you to the prize donors! You guys rock!

Cheers,

Bill

Patches it is for navy bird then....

Andy Mullen - take your pick....:)

Dave JL - awwww, cheers I appreciate that

ummm.....patches......I have them....(scratches head....)

As with all the others above I would like to say thanks to the hosts of this GB for adding a bit of fun along with the serious stuff, plus a big congratulations to all the winners and a well done to everyone who took part.

As with all the others above I would like to say thanks to the hosts of this GB for adding a bit of fun along with the serious stuff, plus a big congratulations to all the winners and a well done to everyone who took part.

Could not agree more!

It can`t just be all serious and no fun! Thank god for our "funny" hosts..... :tumble:

It has been great even if I did not finish anything...

Patches it is for navy bird then....

Andy Mullen - take your pick....:)

Thanks guys, didn't realise there were prizes.

I'll go for the decals - you can never have too many decals :) .

Can I just say what a fantastic set of builds everyone produced, and thanks to the Dynamic Duo for the running of the GB.

Andy :thumbsup:

congratulations to the top four, and anyone who finished, my attemp fell at first hurdle, life got in the way wife in hospital and my visits there two, well done to the organisers too, its been great seeing the cats grow.

...the hosts of this GB for adding a bit of fun along with the serious stuff,

serious stuff?

I dont remember that....

prizes -

Navy Bird gets the patches

Andy Mullen gets the decal

Dave gets the resin

I get the book :yahoo:

have I got that right?????

now....patches....patches.....hmmm.......

:blink: