Kinetic F-16I Sufa

To start off with i shall be building this out of the box. The plastic looks a littl think and delicate so got to be careful with this one.

089.jpg

I made a start the other day with the pit and some assembly of smaller parts. I also partially primed using hu1.

003.jpg

Assembly of the pit.

004.jpg

Then i moved onto the fuel tanks, adding the other smaller parts i.e the sensors and cowlings. What is annoying at this stage is that you have to install the main gear legs which due to the mature of the plastic can be precarious when moving her about. Also had to install the AN/AAQ 13/14 as the hardpoint is fixed to it.

009.jpg

Some spraying of the U/C

012.jpg

Then the interior using hu127 fs36375.

013.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a lot of progress in this update, all from this weekend.

Started off with finishing the cockpit.

013-1.jpg

then it was time to cement the main parts together.

014.jpg

The interior black was pplied at this time ready for the canopy and masking

016.jpg

Masked up ready for spraying.

017.jpg

Underside sprayed fs36375. I didnt mask around the wheel wells spraying around the them free hand.

018.jpg

Masked up ready for the first camo colour.

020.jpg

And after they were all applied, all free hand rather than all that masking. Steady hand required though.

021.jpg

Exhaust nossle having a coat of X503 oily steel. She will also get some other colours applied for the burn effect.

023.jpg

She is now ready for the U/C and other equipment.

Flippin' 'eck! This one's coming along nicely. And quickly! :thumbsup:

You have chosen a completely different order of construction to what I have used. And neither of us have used the one recommended by the destructions! :lol:

Flippin' 'eck! This one's coming along nicely. And quickly! :thumbsup:

You have chosen a completely different order of construction to what I have used. And neither of us have used the one recommended by the destructions! :lol:

I tend to analyise the instructions and choose the best way of construction. As long as you follow the basic you shouldnt make mistakes or miss out parts ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...