H&S Evolution

AngloSaxon

Hi all,

After much mind changing and decision making agony, the new airbrush I have decided to invest in is the H&S Evolution. I have one question that will hopefully be answered here, and that is, would I be better off getting the Silverline model? I mainly use Mr Color lacquer based paints along with Tamiya acrylics. Will the standard model cope with these paints? The only reason I ask is I just like the look of the standard Evolution so much more :D

Thanks guys,

Mike.

p.s. Anyone know of any special offers on H&S at the minute?

The differences between the two are the centre body section & the handle;

The Evo's centre body has three rubber rings fitted on the outside of the centre body that can rot with solvent based thinner (if you get it near them), that being said, replacement rings are easy to get & not expensive. The "solvent resistance" that’s mentioned in regard to the Evo Silverline is the replacement of the centre body with a metal only one, the inner seals on both models are the same.

The Evo Silverline has a needle travel limiter fitted, called "Paint Volume Control" in H&S talk, which can be screwed in / out to limit needle travel & consequently paint flow - it doesn't feature the push button on/off "Quick Fix" of the Infinity or the optional Evo Handle.

P.S. - our's are always on special!

Edited by Jetblast

The differences between the two are the centre body section & the handle;

The Evo's centre body has three rubber rings fitted on the outside of the centre body that can rot with solvent based thinner (if you get it near them), that being said, replacement rings are easy to get & not expensive. The "solvent resistance" that’s mentioned in regard to the Evo Silverline is the replacement of the centre body with a metal only one, the inner seals on both models are the same.

The Evo Silverline has a needle travel limiter fitted, called "Paint Volume Control" in H&S talk, which can be screwed in / out to limit needle travel & consequently paint flow - it doesn't feature the push button on/off "Quick Fix" of the Infinity or the optional Evo Handle.

P.S. - our's are always on special!

Ah, I didn't realise it referred to the outer body only :rolleyes: The "Paint Volume Control" might come in handy with my touch of an elephant. I thought I had made my mind up but now! :unsure:

Mike