F-16A Tigermeet 98" BAF 31º Squadron

As promised, my entry in this GB will the this:

IMG_2187.jpg

A close up to the magnificent decals:

IMG_2188.jpg

Let's look at the pieces:

IMG_2189.jpg

Currently I'm painting the exhaust anf thinking how I'm gonna get those Kinetic PE in the darn Revell cockpit!!!

Just looking at your sprues they are identical to the Italeri I'm building. Does anyone know if Revell reboxed the kit from Italeri or is it the other way around.

Also I have decals for the same scheme for Daco, my that is a lot of decal film.

Good luck with the build I shall be following :popcorn:

I did this one ages ago and it looked really good when all decalled up. The decals might seem a little daunting at first, but they worked fine, even though I had never heard of decalling solution! Looking forward to seeing this one Paulo..

Joel

Mish,I got up the Italieri kit next to the Revell one, and they are the same sprues, save for some extra pieces in the italieri version, but in all maters they are the same kit:

italieri upper fuselage:

IMG_2203.jpg

revell upper fuselage:

IMG_2202.jpg

Italieri and Revell lower fuselage:

IMG_2201.jpg

I didn't take pictures of the rest of the sprues because the Italieri's ones are in a plastic bag and didn't want to open it just yet.

As the progress with the revell kit...well... i got the Iron Maiden "En Vivo" DVD, made in the Estadio Nacional in Chile and kinda got stuck watching that, so I only painted some aluminun in the Aires Exhaust:

exhaust.png

Let's hope that tomorrow I get more done!

AndyC, Bandwagon 106 and Davidsm, thanks! I'm gonna try a decal solution from K4, it's like Microsol and Microset in one bottle, it works wonders and i've got high hope on this one!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not dead yet!!! Just very busy and this tons of things to sort out... some pleasent and some very grave...

Yet I still find som time to work on the Viper, just now I've finished the cockpit, the Kinetic PE are not fit to work with the Revell-Italieri kit, so some carefull cutting came in order, but the Quickboost seat fitted just fine, a very nice surprise, and it look very good!

IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2313.jpg

And got the wheelbays upgraded with some scratch work, the kit one is very poor, and seeing such excellent works in the group I just didn't wanted to be lazzy on this one

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2295.jpg

Now I'm gonna get working in closing the fuselage and getting busy with the intake.... I have a bad feeling about that part...

Mish, Wellzy, thanks!! She's fighting back! got the intake painted and glued... the front part of the intake doesn't fit well with the back part... so tamiya putting came to service...

IMG_2323.jpg

Hopefully the tail will give less problems...

IMG_2327.jpg

anyway I'm enjoying this build, I hope to have the tail, nose cone and part of the exhaust glued for the weekend then comes the landing gear...

Edited by PanzerPaulo

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, I can hardly wait to get working on those decals, they just look beautifull!! I'm kinda tempted to close the landing gear bays and leave it in a flying configuration but I'm saving the pedestal for another plane.

Wellzy I've used filler in almost every union in the build, but i think I'm the lucky one!

Anyway, the Exhaust didn't fit the kit by one full milimeter, so I made a ring out of a old credit card to make it fit right, it took way more time than I thought it would:

IMG_2335.jpg

After that I got working on the nose cone, and it didn't fit to!! Some Tamiya Putting, yet again came to use:

IMG_2334.jpg

Last weekend, under an odd thunderstorm I got the tail , the antenas and other bits glued:

IMG_2344.jpg

Next step, go to the local hobbyshop and buy some Humbrol clear paint (those fellows are gonna be happy to see me!!) to get that golden look to the canopy, them I'm gonna use K4 acrilic paint to prime and do the black coat on this baby!!

It seems that Chile has run out of clear colours for the canopy!!!

Not much more to show... the central line fuel tank is in the sanding station and that's about it... no pic due to a camera upgrade.

Nice work on a not so good kit thus far. Unfortunately you installed the Aires donut panel (for the Pratt nozzle) upside down. The trailing edge ripples are clocked at the bottom.

Are you planning to replace the poorly done kit wheels?

:jump_fire: you are right Mike!!!! What in earth went though my eyes!! Tonight the correction begins!!! As for the wheels... I'm replacing them with the ones from a Kinetic kit, who in time will have her's replaced with Eduard's wheel set... and Aires wheels bays.

I've contaced K4, who is testing a clear paint/colour tipe of paint, so with some luck by lunch time I'll have a solution for that problem.

I'm looking forward to the next update of this mate.

Having recently taken part in a Tiger Meet GB, I went out and bout four 1:72 F-16's, unfortunately none of them were completed for the GB.

Deacon

Edited by Deacon