BOAC VC 10 1101 G-ARVK GOLDEN SPEEDBIRD

Hi All

My build will be the Airfix kit as G-ARVK in the Golden Speedbird days, found a few photos of this a/c both sides so some info.

Using Twosix Decals and Baz engines.

This will be my first airliner since Abingdon IPMS did BOAC / BRITISH AIRWAYS as a theame at the Nat,s back in the late 80,s at Stoneleigh , i did the DC3 and Clipper then and i still have them in the loft.

I all so remember back in the 60,s a shoe company did some kidds sandles called VC 10 and you got a small plastic kit with them, wish i keeped that kit now.

Any way on with the build.

The 1st photo

VC102DSC_7424.jpg

More when i get started later today i hope !!!

Paul

Hi

I have made a start its gone togeather quite fast so far that will soon stop if i get into my normal speed of doing kits.

VC105DSC_7427.jpg

blocked of the windows and the engine mounts and re-fuel bit on the rear fuselarge with card.

VC106DSC_7428.jpg

Fuselarge togeather.

More when i get more done.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Here is a update, I have been doing the kit first thing in the morning when i get up while the kettle and the tea is brewing, so about 10 to 15 mins at a time.

Doing this has helped me get this far. Next is to sort the wings and tail plane and fit the engines. I hope to have this done by the end of the week.

I shall try to do the name plate for the display base at work tomorrow, do you want one Martin let me know.

I had the same problem with the fuselarge top not lining up and splitting a few times that’s why it’s taken time to get this far as had to keep re doing things, next kit more support to the seams i think.

The photos

VC107DSC_7429.jpg

VC109DSC_7431.jpg

VC1010DSC_7432.jpg

I hope to get some work on it done today, so thats it for now.

Paul

Looks like you have a better set of fuselage halves than I have Paul. Mine are being a right pain to get to go together neatly.

Martin

Paul

That's really coming together nicely. Great work on the fuselage and blocking off the windows. The scheme you've chosen has to be the most attractive ever worn by the 10 in commercial service. Looking forward to the next instalment!

Mark

Hi All

This must be a first for me a mid-week update.

The tail plane is on and the wings are together, i shall not re-scribe the lines well only the airbrakes the rest i shall not bother about as its 144th and i shall only overdo it so it would look odd anyway.

I have to do the wing fence, there is info in the ref section but not the size in 144th shall post there to get the reply.

I have a warped tail so slowly bending it back into shape might not get it spot-on we shall see, mind the plastic is quite soft so this helps.

Any way once wings are sorted they shall go on then it’s a good undercoat to find the missed bits then the engines.

The Photos

VC1011DSC_7433.jpg

VC1012DSC_7435.jpg

Till next time

Paul