P-40 wreck in Sahara

Mustango70

Much more interesting pics there. God willing, the wreck will be saved. But there is one thing for sure... there won't be much need of any paint stripping!!!

Edited by Paul J

Saw this on another form

Keypublish P-40

I hope that the pilot made it.

Now, who can find out the info on this bird for us???

On 28th June 1942 ET574 piloted by Flt Sgt D.C.H. Copping 785025 left 260 to fly to an RSU. The A/C flew with the U/C locked down owing to damage.

Flt Sgt Copping set the wrong course and was thought to have crashed in the Desert owing to fuel exhaustion . FLt Sgt Copping listed as missing on this day .

I'm not saying that this was the A/C concerned , but it MIGHT have been

Cheers

Terry McGrady

• 2 weeks later...

Although this has been discussed earlier it is good to see this update & to know that official interest is being shown in the recovery of this plane, sooner rather than later being of the essence I'd think.

Steve.

Amazing what they can do with CGI these days aint it, CGI! ;)

I'll be looking forward to seeing it in its CGI glory in a Museum somewhere someday, hopefully as a memorial to poor FS Copping.

Don't forget to watch the second CGI clip too. CGI 2 ! :lol:

Steve.

Having said that though Steve, the velociraptor in the background is a bit of a giveaway...

Damn, I really am going to have to make a better effort to look past the obvious, I missed that little bit. ;):lol:

Steve.

Hi all....

Just seen the news, about the P40 Kittyhawk found in Egypt! Looks like it crashed only the other week. Could still see the camo colours on the airframe, and inside the cockpit! Wonder when she'll be back and up flying again???????

Mark

Hi all....

Just seen the news, about the P40 Kittyhawk found in Egypt! Looks like it crashed only the other week. Could still see the camo colours on the airframe, and inside the cockpit! Wonder when she'll be back and up flying again???????

Mark

Doh..... I see im too late! I didnt looked on previous posts! Soz all for repeating the subject! :-)

This was much discussed on the 'net in what has become known as "P-40gate" in as much as it was authoritatively written off as a CGI fake by some expert photographic analysts.

And how wrong these "Experts" were .

On the 24th April I suggested that the A/C Might have been ET574 flown by Flt Sgt Coppings. He was supposed to fly the A/C back to 53 RSU a. He was accompanied by another A/C flown by Sgt Shepherd

Coppins set off on the wrong course and was never seen again

When I posted on Hyperscale I stressed it MIGHT be Flt Sgt Coppin's A/C Unfortunately my post has

been repeated on various forums and false conclusions made A positive id of the Airframe and thus thee pilot has yet to be made

Cheers

Terry

Edited by Terry McGrady

Have you been completely isolated from the internet recently?

The story about the desert P-40 has been floating around the various forums for several weeks now, including BM.

Jens