Dougs' Airfix VC-10

Hi there, I'll be doing the Airfix 1/144 VC-10, plus the obligatory BOAC transfers. This is actually a commission build for a neighbour, who asked me to make it for him, as he trained on G-ARVM.

001-24.jpg

Here's the bagged up sprues, with the poor old markings which haven't fared too well;

002-30.jpg

..and the lovely BOAC markings;

003-34.jpg.

Looking forward to getting going!

• 3 months later...

Here's where I am today, all the major components together (tailplanes aren't glued together yet though, going to paint them first), and coat of primer on.

008-19.jpg

It's going to be touch and go whether I get it finished in time or not. Have to get as much done tomorrow as I can as I'm at work for the next five days after that. Hopefully if I can get the paint on tomorrow, then I can do the transfers in the evenings. :unsure:

She's looking good Doug, you can finish by the deadline - you know you can!

Good luck

Mark

Here's where I am today, all the major components together (tailplanes aren't glued together yet though, going to paint them first), and coat of primer on.

008-19.jpg

It's going to be touch and go whether I get it finished in time or not. Have to get as much done tomorrow as I can as I'm at work for the next five days after that. Hopefully if I can get the paint on tomorrow, then I can do the transfers in the evenings. :unsure: