meanwhile.....

where is everybody?

c'mon guys n gals - lets have some building/posting in here

pleeeeeze?????

atm Jabba, your the only one actualy making any progress......

so I hereby exclude you from any criticism and award you an honary doctorate in VCtenology

:) Agree Kev, it does seem a bit quiet out there in VC Tenderland! I've set Sunday aside for some heavy duty painting and finishing so will hopefully have a few pics to post that evening. Let's see some more work in progress from you all on Vickers finest!

Mark

where is everybody?

c'mon guys n gals - lets have some building/posting in here

Admittedly mine has been on the back burner for a while, but I've cleared the decks of a couple of builds so the VC10 can now have some priority.

Here's a question... How dark or light is the grey on BUA VC10 wings?

I ask because I have recently bought a new bottle of Alclad2 grey primer. My first batch was quite dark, almost Dark Sea Grey. This batch is a lot lighter, maybe Light Ghost Grey without the blue tint. So I've been wondering if I can use the primer as a top coat as well. I'll already be using alclad2 white primer as a top coat on the fuselage.

this is for a civil scheme?

The grey was very light, you could probably get away with something not too far away from Boeing or airbus grey.

this is for a civil scheme?

The grey was very light, you could probably get away with something not too far away from Boeing or airbus grey.

It's for a British United scheme.

I'll paint it up and then let you lot have a gander. If it's not good, then no matter, 'cos it will just be primer! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly I won't be able to join in due to one thing or another(GB!!!??). Its getting a bit late in the day for me to start but I might be able to do a rush job. But, I don't know whether anyone in this GB is aware but there is a very useful looking website. www.VC10.net its called. It looks like it can help answer questions builders of this queen of the skies might have. Just a heads up.

Sadly I won't be able to join in

looks like your not alone Paul - apart from a couple,nobody seems interested

I feel bad now. :unsure: If I can clear the current one over the weekend, I'll try and cram in the Vicky 10 by the deadline. Not promising though.

I wouldnt worry too much about it - even my build rate has to take second place to maintaining food and other supplies