ok then.....just a few days to go...

1) no posts until the actual opening day please...o wait - I said that wrong....see Mish's correction.....

2) I need a co-host!.....anybody?

3) I'll set up the rules etc before opening day

4) have fun:)

Edited by kev1n

IF..... I get my camera back from being fixed and seeing as my Hunter for the GB is practically done, I may well like to join in here. I found an Airfix one in a box as loft insulation and I think there is a major part missing but will come back on that. BUT, I did pick up wing leading edge extensions by Braz at the Poole show last weekend so look to using these and make an RAF C1 or.... a bit of wiffery??/>>>.....

I've got to let you chaps know how envious I am of you all!

The VC10 was my favourite airliner - such a classic and graceful shape.

I especially liked the Golden Speedbird livery that PaulT is aiming for.

Unfortunately I've not got a VC10 in my stash, otherwise I'd be joining you all.

I did build one in 2009, so for anyone converting a tanker back to an airliner you might like to take a look at my GB thread on ARC:

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/forums/air...howtopic=178434

As an Air Cadet in about 1975 I enjoyed a circuits and bumps flight in a VC10 at Brize Norton - such a classic plane!

Hi

I noticed that the wing fences position has been brought up in Enzo, s build.

Can i ask what is wrong and how do you fix it.

I think it would be a good idea if anyone that knows would be so kind and explain it to the GB members that do not have a clue about this, and might like to correct it.

Aim building a Standard a/c and notice that there is a fences missing from the kit close to the fuselage.

Thanks Paul

Just wondering whether I might join in?

I've been building G-AXLR as some may have seen in my WIP thread.

Have not got far really, engines and stub wings sorted and thats about all really.

What date is the start?

BTW I did spend 9 years servicing them and did spend a bit of time assisting in the scrapping of 809 at Kemble.

Mike

Edited by Mike Howles

"No kit can be entered if there is more than 25% built"

if it's not more than 25%, sure you can join and the GB started last Sunday so.....:)

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the best place to ask or whether I should use the for sale and wanted section, but does anybody have a spare VC-10 K.2 refuelling probe from the Airfix kit they do not need (if building a civil variant)? I've managed to lose mine and need one urgently for my STGB entry.

Here's hoping!

Mark

Hi send me a PM i have one that you can have.

Mite even be out that way next week at Sawtry so could drop it off for you ?.

paul

Thanks Paul

PM sent.

Mark

Hi send me a PM i have one that you can have.

Mite even be out that way next week at Sawtry so could drop it off for you ?.

paul

Is any of the 72nd kits being made in this GB it is all 144th so far. it would be nice to see how they are getting on.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi chaps, some lovely 10's taking shape. Sadly I have no kit yet and a small backlog from the hunter and tv builds so I am going to with draw before starting. I will however be looking at a vacform welsh models kit of BOAC livery, maybe you'll see it in the 144th GB

Sorry guys but I'm trying hard not to fill up the unfinished shelf for a change this year

Keep up the good work and any guidance for the welsh kit will be greatly appreciated

Graham

:hanging:

pretty much sums up how my model building is going at the moment, i have currently run out of workspace and time, should however be up and running in a week or so just too late for this one