1/48 F-16C-25, 111thFS, 147thFG, special scheme

Hi all

As I said yesterday, I re-mixed and re-sprayed the FS15105 Blue, which I was much happier with

001-5.jpg

I then masked up for the underside FS16320 Xtracrylix Dark Compass Grey and sprayed that. I got some really annoying overspray due to careless masking of the port underwing which will need some repair :banghead:

002-5.jpg

I then fitted the pitot and masked off for the nose cone and the intake surround, which I sprayed in Xtracrylix RAF Dark Sea Grey as it was the nearest match to FS16251 I could readily find.

003-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

Finally I took all the masking off and placed the fin just to see what she will look like and :wub:

005-3.jpg

I now have an evening of patch repairs, and mask off the wheel wells and re-spray them white. Coat of Klear after and hopefully some decals over the weekend :speak_cool: Thanks for looking

Looks superb!
Looking great... Could almost be a Swedish model..... :-)

Thanks chaps! I hadn't clocked the likeness to the Swedish flag - but now you mention it... :speak_cool:

Thats looking great Andy.

Thanks Wellzy! A quick update as I am now on the home straight with this one! After a 4hr stretch tonight (with the footie on in the background) I managed to get her decalled. Here she is with the fin tacked in place. The decals were very good indeed.

001-6.jpg

Here is a top view - the red and white aileron decals were slightly too big (probably meant for the Tamiya kit or whatever) so needed trimming to fit

002-6.jpg

Here is a shot of the underside. The "wrong way up" stars is deliberate - as that is what is on the real thing!

003-5.jpg

Last but not least all the stencils and warning triangles etc.

004-5.jpg

Glue fin and elevators, put the u/c together, fit any knobbly bits and then give her a Alclad Gloss Kote and she will be finished. This will be the last GB WIP - the next time she will be in the RFI section

Thanks for looking

Looking really good, can't wait to see this in rfi!

Cheers mate - it's been a good build actually even though Academy has made me swear on several occasions - there's surprisingly little to an F-16 as it's a really small and simple fighter. I've also done some delving and like the look at the other schemes for the Texas ANG...so if we ever get F-16 II GB - this might be an option!

Quick edit: 2,000 posts on a modelling forum - I need to get out more!

Edited by AndyC

Yeah I know - just realised that maybe I can squeeze another in...although I may leave it as I am going to do a Monogram B-26 in the USAAF GB coming up and I know that's going to take a lot of my effort and energy to get right as its a bugger to build