Two Blue No 2

Time to stick on the stickers!

All decals are from the Victory Productions Spitfire Aces of the Empire sheet.

I know there are varying schools of thought on the location of the codes. Was it UF-S or S-UF? I don't believe there are any clear photos of this aircraft, so the code positions are anybody's guess. This is mine... ;)

C026.jpg

C027.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A minor hiccup.

I didn't put enough Klear on the lowe surfaces of the wings, so when I applied the stencils, they silvered. No problem, I thought. Simply apply a bit of Klear on a brush and let capillary action draw it into the silvered areas. Then brush the Klear over the whole area. It has worked perfectly before.

No this time, however! The paint seemed to react badly with the Klear. :wall:

C028.jpg

The photo doesn't show the weirdness. The paint under the decals has turned bright purple!

Anyway, it's not a problem. I'll just sand the decals off and respray the area.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm declaring this now finished! :yahoo: I will put up some photos before the weekend.

Well done that man!

Finished. I'm not quite as pleased with this one as I was with my other build. One issue is that the spinner simply doesn't fit together. I will replace this with an Ultracast prop and psinner, but I just couldn't get one in time for the GB. The other issue is the canopy. It simply won't stay in place, so it is standing a little proud. I'll replace that with a vacform one.

I am pleased with the blue overspray. The underlying camouflage shows through quite nicely on the spine.

The next project is to improve my photographic skills! :D

C030.jpg

C031.jpg

C032.jpg

C033.jpg

C034.jpg

Just as in the actual Malta campaign, the Spitfires are coming out in force at the end.

I like what you have done with the nose, and the underlying camou on the spine.

You could try lightning up the photos with a software program. There does seem to be quite a bit of 'noise' in the pixels. Could be lack of lighting or the ISO setting on the camera. I always keep it at 100 to minimize 'noise' and to adjust for bad lighting with longer exposure time. This then requires a tripod and use of a timer.

regards,

Jack

You could try lightning up the photos with a software program. There does seem to be quite a bit of 'noise' in the pixels. Could be lack of lighting or the ISO setting on the camera. I always keep it at 100 to minimize 'noise' and to adjust for bad lighting with longer exposure time. This then requires a tripod and use of a timer.

Thanks for the advice. I am using an Olympus C-730, which apparently is quite a noisy camera. I think that I need to invest in a lighting tent and miniature tripod.