Airfix 1/48 Lynx

Bobski

I have enjoyed you photos of the pongo lynx, the only ones I have are of Mk3’s and Mk8’s when I was at Portland on AMG.

If you dont mind sharing I would love these for the Lynx walkaround as we have nearly only the modern Lynx pics. Tony (sniperUK) sent me some great Army ones from operations in the 80's. Those older pics can be gold dust for the modeller.

Cheers,

Julien

Hey guys, need some colour advice before i go head first into my build, i dont use humbrol colours as i dont get along with them too well, so im stuck with Revell and Tamiya acrylics at the moment, has anyone worked out a colour conversion specfic to this kit yet? AH7 is the one im doing in the Army markings - Dont want to mess it up as the Lynx is one of my favourite helicopters second to the Merlin.

If you dont mind sharing I would love these for the Lynx walkaround as we have nearly only the modern Lynx pics. Tony (sniperUK) sent me some great Army ones from operations in the 80's. Those older pics can be gold dust for the modeller.

Cheers,

Julien

Hi Julien

I'll see what I can dig out. A long stint in front of the scanner for me then. I have some of the Mk8 when they came into service and made a visit to RAF Shawbury. I have one after being recovered from Lyme bay. She was swept off the back of the ship in 'high seas'.

A trip to the loft for me tonight then.

Cheers the Woo :blink:

Hi Julien

I'll see what I can dig out. A long stint in front of the scanner for me then. I have some of the Mk8 when they came into service and made a visit to RAF Shawbury. I have one after being recovered from Lyme bay. She was swept off the back of the ship in 'high seas'.

A trip to the loft for me tonight then.

Cheers the Woo :blink:

Thanks for that, look forward to seeing them.

Julien

Has this actually been confirmed? No HAS.3?

Certainly confirmed that the releases have no HAS3 and I'm almost certain Airfix dont plan on doing one either. Tis a shame as the work required would have been relatively minimal. But it would have pushed the price up quite a bit adding an extra sprue.

Fear not, help will be at hand! :D

Thanks for that, look forward to seeing them.

Julien

Well I have scanned the photos but havent got a scooby Doo how to load them on to this site.

I know, I know, I can keep 5 helicopters in the air but I can't put a few photos on a site.

I will email them to you if you want I can just about do that.

Cheers the Woo.

Well I have scanned the photos but havent got a scooby Doo how to load them on to this site.

I know, I know, I can keep 5 helicopters in the air but I can't put a few photos on a site.

I will email them to you if you want I can just about do that.

Cheers the Woo.

Cheers, email is fine, i just PM'ed the details

Julien

Other than the decals has any news about aftermarket or conversion sets surfaced yet ?
News will be released in time. Rest assured its been worked on ;)

Do you want/need a wish list? :)

Edited by Richard E

If anyones interested here a few photos taken today at the Museum of Army flying of their Lynx

http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc397/spfparker/Lynx/

Perfect photos, spfparker! I misplaced my photos of TOW launchers and your photos have saved me strolling across the road to take some pics of the cab in the museum :D

Just be aware that the aircraft is a Mk7 despite the older style tail rotor blades. Due to the chronic shortage of AH7 tail rotor blades, they were removed and replaced with older AH1 style opposite direction blades. ;)

Another point to remember about the tail rotor on the museum's Lynx is to IGNORE the rotor lock and remove before flight tag. They were just something knocked up by the museum staff to stop 'inquisitive fingers' turning the main rotor via the tail rotor. It may have the wrong tail rotor but yaw pedals must be in even shorter supply as it hasn't got any at all!

And I can say without fear of contradiction that it is worth every penny. I was lucky enough to get my hands on one in mid Jan to build for Airfix Model world mag (my build review will be in Mays issue). I'm currently in the middle of building the HMA8 and that too is very very good! :D

Tony,

I just received my May AMW. Excellent job on your Airfix Lynx and superb article! I'll be referring to it often when I build mine.

Cheers,

Eric

I'm 3/4 through building the 8 at the moment (my second review for AMW mag, got this one about 2 months ago). I'm more of a 7 bloke and dont know my way totally around an 8 but does the 8 not have a broom cupboard? The kit doesnt appear to replicate it (as it does on the 7). You will really enjoy building this (despite a couple of minor frustrating bits). Can you also confirm which decal sheet you have? The ones I have from Airfix were test shots and I'm not 100% sure I've got the full navy decal sheet?

Cheers

PS Do you have any pics of the Fwd Av bay? I'm planning on leaving nose bay open. I would pop North side and have a look but I'm on leave for the next 2 weeks!

Saw your review in the mag. Your Lynx looked great and has made me buy one

The HAS3 Gift set was replaced by an HMA8 Gift set when they realised that a HAS3 needed much more tooling to do.

I really hope they will release the earlier HAS2/3 (and Mk.23 and Mk. 80/90 also). :)

Jens