Airfix 1/48 Lynx

Bobski

Sounds like an intresting job: do you have pics of this work ? I'm planning to add the plastyk bits to the 1/72 airfix kit to build a GW1 Lynx one day and I'd like to know more about your work with these parts.

A few bits to touch up but it appears to have worked.

IMG_0104-2.jpg

IMG_0108-2.jpg

Well she's just landed on my doorstep from Airfix. (they used UK Mail not RM)

I must say she looks SUPERB!!! HUGE A3 colour callout sheet (what colour is marine green exactly?)

Sprues tightly packed in a smallish box. She is heading straight to the table to be built!!.... :D

Just got mine direct from Airfix. Less than 48 hours form order to delivery. Looks very good.

Michael.

Just opened the box. By far the best product I have seen from Airfix. The moulding is excellent!!

M

Edited by MS664

what colour is marine green exactly?

Humbrol 105 marine green is the colour that replaced USM-1, the paint suggested for USMC helicopters (FS 34097).

Guess Airfix is suggesting this as the green to use for the green in the camouflage ? The original colour is BS381C 220 Olive Green, I can see how Humbrol 105 can be quite a decent match for this

Edited by Giorgio N

Well she's just landed on my doorstep from Airfix. (they used UK Mail not RM)

I must say she looks SUPERB!!! HUGE A3 colour callout sheet (what colour is marine green exactly?)

Sprues tightly packed in a smallish box. She is heading straight to the table to be built!!.... :D

Show us please!!!

Just got mine direct from Airfix. Less than 48 hours form order to delivery. Looks very good.

Michael.

Just opened the box. By far the best product I have seen from Airfix. The moulding is excellent!!

M

Show us please!!!

Anyone know when the Lynx HAS 3 is due out?, I like the clean nose of the early Navy Lynx.

Shaun.

I think the HAS.3 was shelved, too many differences in the fuselage from the HMA8 / Super Lynx to get them from the one tooling.

My AH.7 arrived yesterday (Wednesday) only ordered it Tuesday, so seriously good service from Airfix, and I have to say I'm really impressed, decent box, so nothing gets broken, and the parts look simply superb. It must be one of the best kits I've seen in plastic for a while and up there with the likes of Tamiya and Hasegawa for quality.

If it builds as good as it looks i'll be totally made up!

Cheers

Col'

I can quantify that she builds as good as she looks! Mays edition of Airfix model world mag has my complete build review (plus plenty of handy tips on build and colour matches). Once I've been given the go-ahead, I'll start posting details and hints on here for everyone. You will not be disapointed bt this kit I can assure you! :-D

Humbrol 105 marine green is the colour that replaced USM-1, the paint suggested for USMC helicopters (FS 34097).

Guess Airfix is suggesting this as the green to use for the green in the camouflage ? The original colour is BS381C 220 Olive Green, I can see how Humbrol 105 can be quite a decent match for this

In sorting through the camouflage colours for the kit I have to thank Drewe Manton who came up with 105 as being a good match for BS381C 220 Olive Green.