RNZAF A-4K Kahu+

Gekko_1

What if the RNZAF didn't get rid of their Skyhawks? What if they instead updated their Kahu's to Kahu+ standard, capable of handling all the new generation weapons. Out went the boring plain green camouflage for something a little more 'internationally' adaptable! If a decal sheet were to be created, which schemes would you prefer?

A-4KKahuTomcatschemePB.jpg

A-4KKahureverseghostPB.jpg

A-4KKahuHornetschemePB.jpg

A-4KKahuHornetbigtikiPB.jpg

A-4KKahugreengreyPB.jpg

A-4KKahuGhostPB.jpg

A-4KKahuDolphinPB.jpg

A-4KKahuDolphin2PB.jpg

A-4K2grey2SqnFB.jpg

Cheers

Richard Chafer

Gekko Graphics

Don't forget the All Black one with Silver Fern on the tail that is/was the flagship for the 75th Anniversary celebrations.

:speak_cool: Good idea!

Cheers

Richard.

2 and 9.

Any plans for upscalling some of your existing 'real' 1/48 markings to 1/32 for the Trumpeter kit?

I do plan to do that. But first I want to get Gekko operational again, which I'm in the process of doing.

Cheers

Richard.

5, 7, 9 for me. Any plans to include some TA-4's?

Yes, the TA-4K's are done, I'll add them soon.

Cheers

Richard.

Edited by Gekko_1

A vote for number 9 here, plus a gentle reminder about your "what if" Phantom FGR2 markings ;)

:P Yes Richard, I'll get some Phantom's up too!

Cheers

Richard.

#5 & 9 for me - love those color blends and with a silver fern on the tail in dark gray/ NATO black could look cool as well

Good idea, will do!

Cheers

Richard.

:P Yes Richard, I'll get some Phantom's up too!

Cheers

Richard.

Hi Richard

Regarding What-If Phantom FGR2's, what about RN FG1s doing alternate squadrons instead of 892 switching to the Omega as the last FAA squadron but being used by other units and carrying on in service into the 90's ?

Hi Richard

Regarding What-If Phantom FGR2's, what about RN FG1s doing alternate squadrons instead of 892 switching to the Omega as the last FAA squadron but being used by other units and carrying on in service into the 90's ?

That's an excellent idea Geoff! Can you please direct me to any web sites with information about these relevant Squadrons as I'm not very familiar with FAA subjects.

Cheers

Richard.

#5 & 9 for me - love those color blends and with a silver fern on the tail in dark gray/ NATO black could look cool as well

How's this one?

A-4KKahu2sqnferndifrdl.jpg

Cheers

Richard.

• Like 1

OK, here's the last three for the single seaters. I call these a happy accident. They evolved from the idea of RNZAF Kahu's operating in Afghanistan as part of the coalition forces. They decided to camouflage them to test the effectiveness of such a scheme operating over such an alien environment as an extension to tests being carried out in the Northern Territory of Australia. All part of a new train of thought between the allies in the advent of them losing air superiority to the ever growing numbers of Sukhoi Flanker type aircraft in the region as well as the proliferation of new generation Russian and Chinese fighters. :o

A-4KKahuAfghanistan.jpg

A-4KKahuNT1.jpg

A-4KKahuNT2.jpg

Cheers

Richard.

:D Cheers Scooby!

Wow, the last one is great too. You can do no wrong.

I know this has been asked in the past, but when can we expect you to upscale your 1/48 sheets? I really am dying to build a 1/32 Skyhawk with your markings on it. No Skyhawk ever looked better in anything but Kiwi and Aussie colors. And I am not biased, I am Canadian!

Wow, the last one is great too. You can do no wrong.

I know this has been asked in the past, but when can we expect you to upscale your 1/48 sheets? I really am dying to build a 1/32 Skyhawk with your markings on it. No Skyhawk ever looked better in anything but Kiwi and Aussie colors. And I am not biased, I am Canadian!

I'm working on re-launching the business now. Sales of my old stuff will help pay for the new sheet which will be in multi-scale on an A4 decal sheet covering 1/144, 1/72, 1/48, 1/32. The subject matter for this first sheet is the A-4K and TA-4K Skyhawks as they were on their final day of flight in the RNZAF. The artwork and everything is done and ready to go to the printers. Just have to find the time to get everything ready for the re-launch.Upscalingng the 48th scale sheets with the non all green schemes will depend on sales of this initial sheet.

Cheers

Richard.