Eduard 190D 11 JV 44

Great work there Alistair.

Scratch-building is certainly very rewarding.

Steve

Hi Steve

Im not a perfectionist which helps as there is no way that the flaps look as good as say Tanks do and i have saved £7.00 .Each flap takes around 2 hours so not very cost effective :wacko:

Hi Steve

Im not a perfectionist which helps as there is no way that the flaps look as good as say Tanks do and i have saved £7.00 .Each flap takes around 2 hours so not very cost effective :wacko:

Maybe so, but its all your own work :)

Steve

Congratulations on the flaps Alistair. Yes you can buy them (and I hasve done - but mot for this build) but you are right when you say there is a certain satisfaction gained from scratch building them (alas I may never know !).

Well done,

Regards,

Will post some photo's later of the fun & games i've had to fit the wings ,main spar has to be thinned down because it gets in the way of the wing gun bays,which is strange as i've never had that problem with the A5 i built also the upper gun magazine boxes get in the way of mainspar as for the gun covers seem's they were never ment to close ,but i'am sure a

six inchine nail will help

AS Micks experience . i came across all these same problems .Must have done over 25 dry runs but finally the wings are on with the flaps intact.

P1120089.jpg

P1120098.jpg Could not do it without a small gap (nothing a bit of filler cant sort out ) :whistle:

Now tackling those pisky gun covers . Useing a different method on this one as i didnt want to cut out the bit on the wing so have snded down the gun cover so the rear end will sit over the wing as it does in real life . Now for another 25 dry fits (for each cover )

P1120096.jpg

I think once these are in place i will relax a bit and sloely eat my hat !!!

Now you've got those flaps mounted in i've got to say that they look the business. Again you must be over the moon with them. Also did you know that there was a strengthening plate on the wing upper surface on the trailing edge, if you look on my build you can just make them out, I used plasticard. They also come in handy for hiding any gaps! I'll sort out a diagram and post it for you.

Those gun covers, I think are one of the weakest parts of the build on any of the Eduard 190s.

Heres a drawing showing the plates.

DSC_1046.jpg

Edited by tank152

Thanks Tim for the strengthening plate info . I have just added these and they worked in covering up the small gap totally and they dont count as filler do they :D

have just got the wing gun covers on / in and the second one whent like a dream . the first one a bit of a fight but its in place and the gap will be coverd by the p/e hinge. I think out of the two ways i'v done these covers sanding down the cover is better than cutting out the wing as if you mess up the cover simple to get a Quickboost set. Mess up the cut-out and a difficult repair job.

Have just orderd a Hasegawa JU88 g-6 Berlin radar for a bit of therapy after doing the 2 Eduard 190's in a row.

Thanks Tim for the strengthening plate info . I have just added these and they worked in covering up the small gap totally and they dont count as filler do they :D

have just got the wing gun covers on / in and the second one whent like a dream . the first one a bit of a fight but its in place and the gap will be coverd by the p/e hinge. I think out of the two ways i'v done these covers sanding down the cover is better than cutting out the wing as if you mess up the cover simple to get a Quickboost set. Mess up the cut-out and a difficult repair job.

Have just orderd a Hasegawa JU88 g-6 Berlin radar for a bit of therapy after doing the 2 Eduard 190's in a row.

No problem, like you say, they kill 2 birds with one stone, is that the correct saying? I think i'm going to try the kit covers next as have you have seen the Quickboost ones give no real advantage really.

For one minute I thought you'd got the Dragon Ju-88G6, thats on my to do list although i've heard you have to wrestle those together! Don't know what my next build will be next other than it'll have crosses on it.

Have been on holiday for a few days but took kit with me incase it rained and yes it did so small update

1. made new guns from Albion Alloys brass tube , slightly over size but they look the part . hope i got the outbord guns correct length as Eduard give no clue in the instructions on the length to use.

2. painted the wooden flaps as i found it difficult to get the decals . I'm pleased hoew my first attempt at woodgrain came out . Got the technique from the wingnut Wings website . First painted a flat light brown and then whent over with Burnt umber oil paint applied with a sponge and wiped off with spongw and brush . Its ment to be a maple plyboard hence grain at different angles. OK it looks like an IKEA flap but its ok.

3. done the pre shading and put on combing . DO NOT USE THE METHOD I PREVIOSLY DESCRIBED the plastic strip fouls the dash so had to be removed and attached as per my 190

A :angry:

Now getting prepared for the paint . Now Eduard instructions have you useing a RLM 81/82

Eagle cals RLM 75/74

FW 190 Dora vol 2 J Crandall RLM82/83

Japo RLM 82/83

I will go with 82/83 cos i like the look of this combination.

P1120678.jpg just spotted some more seem scrapping

P1120676.jpg

P1120675.jpg

Before i forgett no filler has been used or needed so far. :D

Edit i put on the weld on turbo inlet useing stretched sprue P1120681.jpg

Edited by Mottlemaster

Got the greens on today . Used White EnsignRLM 82 and Pollyscale RLM 83. The blue is Life Color RLM 76 so a good mix of manufacturers . I am pleased that i painted the area around the exhausts but keeping that area of paint from not getting scratched has been a pain for the past 3/4 weeks.

P1120699.jpg

P1120693.jpgP1120696.jpg

And a picture of a life size pit . Modeling table is at the moment a health and safety hazard area.

P1120701.jpg

P1120705.jpg

P1120706.jpg

Edited by Mottlemaster