Tamiya 1:48 FW190 D-9

Cheers guys - Freddie now has 4 new teeth come through so hopefully he will remember how to sleep and I can improve the pace :) Honestly I never realised how unsettling teething was until I had kids!

Got a little bit of progress on both builds so hopefully get some pics up tomorrow!

Thanks for the info guys - will prob go with leather / brown to add a bit of interest as its all a bit dark and grey in there :)

Steve - would have to agree with you with the Mk IX, got the Revell / Hasegawa one to do soon, it looks like a great kit.

Darren - playing catchup with the late start and just been going through your thread, looks like a tricky kit to put together but it looks like youve got it coming together really nicely - if you need any reference and its not unethical (?) I have a PDF version of the Eagle Edition JV44 Doras book someone gave to me if you want anything from it?

Bit of progress to show, still not completely sold on the etch cockpit but got it together and a couple of other bits,

SAM_1033.jpg

SAM_1054.jpg

Sorry to keep on with the questions but does anyone know if there should be fuel lines out of the top of the tank and if so how many and where do they route to?

Cheers, Stu

Hi Stu if you do have a copy of that book I will be glad to have a look pm me if you want

I here tooth fairy inflation is running at 50 % better start saveing now

Lol - at the moment my daughter just thinks she will get a 'shiny silver coin' but can see it getting expensive when she works out the value of money :)

Bit of an update on this one, have got the cockpit fitted and the etch piece for the area behind the cockpit. Mounted the belts to this using a couple of bits of fusewire, which I'm sure someone has done here already but cant see it now, anyway it looks quite nice:

SAM_1313.jpg

SAM_1316.jpg

Thanks for looking

• 2 weeks later...

Also managed to push on a bit with this build, had a go at masking the spiral on the spinner but failed miserably so going to stick with the kit decal.

Have added some fusewire breaklines to the gear legs and used some tape to replicate the cannon breech covers in the wheel bay then sprayed Xtracrylic RLM02 before i can install into the wing and get the rest of the main airframe together. Also added a couple of fuel lines to the tank which have the added advantage of fixing it onto the ETC rack :)

Cant see me getting this done by the deadline, however i am really enjoying the group build and all the great work on here, its a great learning tool! :)

SAM_1439.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Lol - cheers guys - no pressure then :) :)

Seriously though hoping to push on with it and try to get there before the deadline, will be a shame to see this group build finish...

Making steady progress now that Teething and Tonsilits have abated, got to turn up the pace before we get to ailments beginning with U :)

Now have the oleos masked so 02 can be sprayed and wheels, prop and spinner complete apart from the spiral so hopefully something furthe to show by the end of the weekend,

Thanks, Stu

Little bit of an update, got all the RLM02 bits done and can now finish assembling the airframe.

Looking at whats left to do and my rate of building theres no way i can complete this before the deadline. as i would like to try to get at least one build completed before the end i'm going to throw all available time at getting the little one done then crack back on with this.

Pic of where its at

SAM_1463.jpg

Cheers, Stu

Looks good Stu....sure you can't get it across the line?? There are 24 hours in each day :rolleyes:

Regards

Cheers Kent - i'm wondering if i could manage to pull an 8 day sickie from work ;) Seriously though i am really enjoying this build so dont want to rush it and mess it up (wouldnt be a first) :)

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers Kent - i'm wondering if i could manage to pull an 8 day sickie from work ;) Seriously though i am really enjoying this build so dont want to rush it and mess it up (wouldnt be a first) :)

I can recommend a fractured thumb, i'd have never finished my build without it!

Cheers Tim, if a fractured thumb has helped you create such an excellent build i'm off to find a hammer now! :)

The sickie idea has the major drawback that 2 other guys in my office are fellow BM'ers so may have been uncovered :) looking forward to cracking on with this one again soon now i feel i have mottling slightly more sussed - and thanks for the tip about low pressure and dirty thinners, really helped me out :)