Eduard FW 190D

Now we're talking, 1st class choice Mick. What make you want to go along with Crandall's scheme? If you can get hold of a copy of the JaPo vol 2 Dora book that'd be a better starting point.

Now we're talking, 1st class choice Mick. What make you want to go along with Crandall's scheme? If you can get hold of a copy of the JaPo vol 2 Dora book that'd be a better starting point.

Hi Tank have both books will look at both scheme's again , but the reason i chose Crandall it looked better to my eye (i'am not saying its the right choice )

Mick

Hi Mick

Are you going to use a late cigar type drop tank . Better Late than never !

Hi Alistair be honest i wasn't going to use a drop tank ( don't think the later tank is in the kit )

Hi Alistair be honest i wasn't going to use a drop tank ( don't think the later tank is in the kit )

You don't get the later type in the standard D-9 kit, I scratched that one up out of Evergreen tubing.

Well if your going for Yellow 6 9/KG(J)27 no one will be able to prove you wrong which ever scheme you decide to paint it in as there are no known photos of it!

Edited by tank152

You don't get the later type in the standard D-9 kit, I scratched that one up out of Evergreen tubing.

Well if your going for Yellow 6 9/KG(J)27 no one will be able to prove you wrong which ever scheme you decide to paint it in as there are no known photos of it!

Tank i'm not much of a scratch builder as far as the tank is concerned as for the colour scheme been reading your & Howard Moon conversation over his colour scheme so it looks

like i'll look at the Japo book again ,(probably end up tossing a coin)

• 2 weeks later...

Got a start on this ,most on the pit is together but most of the P/E not fitted ,dry brushed the pit with dark sliver very lightly to try to fit in with the P/E, all the gun covers will be closed up,but have brought some quickboost flaps & exhausts also the wheel bay cross members are fitted

002-71.jpg

001-71.jpg

Hi Mick

Love to see a close up of your Q/Boost flaps . looking good .i bet its nice to get that wing spar out of the way.

Alistair

Alistair not certain if you want close up before fitting or after ,will give you both

Mick

Alistair not certain if you want close up before fitting or after ,will give you both

Mick

Hi Mick

If its not to late some close ups before and after fitting would be most useful. Have some good shots from Tank on his build but im just getting to scratch the upper wings and different angle shots would be most useful as what happens at the wing root is still a bit of a puzzel

Thanks Alistair

Hi Mick

If its not to late some close ups before and after fitting would be most useful. Have some good shots from Tank on his build but im just getting to scratch the upper wings and different angle shots would be most useful as what happens at the wing root is still a bit of a puzzel

Thanks Alistair

not to late will post photo's for you

Nice progress Mick.

How are you finding the fit?

Steve

Hi Steve haven't put the airframe & wings together yet but trying to remember if i had many problems with the A5 i'll built some time ago ,but am keeping a eye on other D9 build's

in this group

Mick

Started to make some more progress built rear of engine and sprayed dark sliver then dirted it & finished pit ,engine & pit fitted to airframe half but keeped engine bulkhead lose

airframe then fitted together ,fit was quite good

PS Alistar havn't forget you pictures just havn't got round to flap area yet

001-73.jpg

002-73.jpg

003-67.jpg

004-66.jpg

005-55.jpg

006-46.jpg

Hi Mick

The detail of the engine plug is great . I recon we are about the same possition in our builds . Im finding the wing fit a bit more of a problem than i thought it would be . have you seen the review double build on aroscale.

http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=...&artid=3081

Alistair

All looking nice and snug Mick, have you decided what/who's scheme you are going with?

Hi Tim it looks like Japo , but for the U/Side leading edge,mine will be RLM 75

Hi Mick

The detail of the engine plug is great . I recon we are about the same possition in our builds . Im finding the wing fit a bit more of a problem than i thought it would be . have you seen the review double build on aroscale.

http://www.aeroscale.co.uk/modules.php?op=...&artid=3081

Alistair

Thanks for link hadn't seen it

Will post some photo's later of the fun & games i've had to fit the wings ,main spar has to be thinned down because it gets in the way of the wing gun bays,which is strange as i've never had that problem with the A5 i built also the upper gun magazine boxes get in the way of mainspar as for the gun covers seem's they were never ment to close ,but i'am sure a

six inchine nail will help