Ligthing F2A 1/72 Trumpeter

Hi folks.

I received this Ligthing kit as a christmas gift from my wife who always support me on my hobby no matter how big my stash is.

During the building research I saw on the book "Guide for the Modeller" from SAM Publications a profile of the aircraft XN732/R from the 92 Squadron, natural metal with blue spine, fin and rudder. As her name is Rita depict this aircraft seemed to be a beautiful tribute to her.

Being so, I rushed to get the Xtradecal X72092 in order to be able to acomplish this mission. Of course, I also took advantage to get the Xtradecal X72089, the Aires resin cockpit and bang seat, Quickboost rear fuselage corrections, exhaust nozzles, and resin intake ring.

And here are some pictures of the result.

To paint this model I used Gunze and Alclad. the blue spine is Tamiya.

I know that the kit has a lot of issues and the model didn't get perfect but I tried my best and I am very happy that she liked the tribute.

Best regards,

Machado

Lightning_2-043p.jpg

Lightning_2-008p.jpg

Lightning_2-002p.jpg

ajt_lightningf2a_csm_y.jpg

DSC01933p.jpg

DSC01941P.jpg

DSC02063p.jpg

DSC02056_p.jpg

DSC02055p.jpg

DSC02048p.jpg

DSC02044p.jpg

DSC02043p.jpg

DSC02039p.jpg

DSC02028p.jpg

DSC02069p.jpg

That's a magnificent Lightning, are you sure it's not 1/38th or 1/32 scale? :) The detail on the ejection seat is incredible and that's the best NMF I've seen ona Lightning in ages. Outstanding!

Seriously smooth! Beautiful work, Sir, great pics also. :worthy:

Edited by BrandX

Thats a really beautiful looking Lightning and finished in my favourite scheme too, fantastic modelling,

Cheers for sharing it with us,

Tony O

Superb model - really nice finish!

Very nice. However, as you've modelled it with air brakes open and flaps down, does that mean you owe the wife a crate of beer?

Love to know how that translates into Portuguese!!