Fw190a-8, Tamiya,1/48

Theres no better looking fish than a 'Perch' do you fish as well? When I riveted the K4 I found it better to rivet after parts were primed as well. Is it 'the' rosie the riveter you use as opposed to the RB one? I think once you go down the riveting road your sold on it. Not only is your modelling top notch, your photography is to.

Theres no better looking fish than a 'Perch' do you fish as well? When I riveted the K4 I found it better to rivet after parts were primed as well. Is it 'the' rosie the riveter you use as opposed to the RB one? I think once you go down the riveting road your sold on it. Not only is your modelling top notch, your photography is to.

I used to fish, but gave it up for years but have had a hankering to take it up again. Trouble was finding the time, but now with kids getting older and not interested in modelling ( well at the moment anyway), guess I've got an excuse to take it up again!

I've got a Rosie. It's actually quite a satisfying job, I seem to enjoy it thanks goodness as long as I don't get into a "perfectionist" rut. Hopefully once I've got a few models rivetted it'll just become the norm, I do like the effect.

Cheers.

Once a fisherman always a fisherman I think, I don't go myself anymore but I can still talk all day about it! Yeah I think once you get into the riveting grove its pretty relaxing. Which plans are you using and do you draw the lines out on the parts first?

I've got the Aero Detail book which contains nice 1/48 drawings. I'm no 190 expert but they look good to me and while I'll try and get the lines done as accurately as possible, I'm not too fussed if I miss some out here and there, life is just too short, especially as I've got a new hobby ;)

Managed to get about 2 and a half hours worth done today, and have made a good start on the body and left wing. I find it rather satisfying, as each line done makes it look just a little busier. Doubt I'll get much done tomorrow, work beckons, will finish over the weekend, I'm on my own for the best part of 3 days, whey! (I mean, I'll really really miss them... :beer: ). I'm really enjoying this.

fw190Tam0002_1.jpg

fw190Tam0001_2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Been suffering a little from the Fw190 group build curse, but getting there. The body work especially around the nose turned into a pain, as the Aires wheel well had thrown everything out. Lots of filling/sanding etc but it all looks OK now. I've made a list of everything I need to do to get it finished and it's quite long but I'm going to "speed paint" it. Therefore, pre-shade in dark grey then body colours.

fw190Tam0001_3.jpg

fw190Tam0002_2.jpg

Bed now. Work tomorrow. Beer friday. Ummmmm