Hasegawa 1/32 dora

Thanks Steve least of my worries at moment just primed her & noticed filler cracked after finishing rivets, Going to use Zap a gap & sand & not loose too much detail.

Just noticed date FRIDAY 13TH.

010800x600-2.jpg

Oh it's definetely friday 13th good news is I sorted out cracked joints sanded & reprimed, Then as i was spraying alclad onto model my compressor STOPS DEAD nothing worked,For an hour I turned the air blue unplugged it kicked it then decided to go to pub halfway there it p****d down, Get there left my wallet at home had to start a tab finished third pint sun came out went home looked at compressor pulled plug out of socket thought i'd check the fuse D'OH changed it YIPPEE it worked here's the result

022800x600-1.jpg

Used alclad durallium/white aluminium & dark aluminium not going to touch it anymore today.

groupbuild.jpg

Hi all just got some colour on xtracolour rlm 83/75 then open there rlm81 braunviolet it was green so decided to use humbrol 133 brown. First time doing luftwaffe aircraft paint scheme.

003800x600-1.jpg

008800x600-2.jpg

Was really pleased with result UNTIL after finished spraying I got this i dont know why if someone could give me advice on how to remedy this I would be really grateful. Got a snakeskin finish. Never had this happen before.

009800x600-3.jpg

007800x600-1.jpg

I used cellulose thinners mixed at about 60/40 (thinners/paint) I do spray in my garage at 8-10 psi it wasn't cold outside

groupbuild.jpg

HI Marc

What a shame with the paint but im sure it wont take long to sort out .

I think your problem isn't a spray tequnice problem or air temp but a paint /paint reaction , possibly the celulose thinners not drying fast enough so it reacted with your faa sky grey .

Try removeing with enamel thinners. Hope this helps

Alistair

HI Marc

What a shame with the paint but im sure it wont take long to sort out .

I think your problem isn't a spray tequnice problem or air temp but a paint /paint reaction , possibly the celulose thinners not drying fast enough so it reacted with your faa sky grey .

Try removeing with enamel thinners. Hope this helps

Alistair

Thanks Alistair will give a try with isopropyl alchohol first if that don't work i'll try with thinners. Thought it was me as first time with airbrush really appreciate your response.

It looks like you have you have put to much of a wet coat on and cellulose is a hot thinner so has burnt through the previous layer of paint or something along those lines.

It looks like you have you have put to much of a wet coat on and cellulose is a hot thinner so has burnt through the previous layer of paint or something along those lines.

Thanks i think your right,that's what i done only thing i can remember doing probably in my over enthusiasm NOT GOING TO DO THAT TWICE now giving it a rub down,back to work next week take my mind off my mistake!!!

Thanks i think your right,that's what i done only thing i can remember doing probably in my over enthusiasm NOT GOING TO DO THAT TWICE now giving it a rub down,back to work next week take my mind off my mistake!!!

Probably a bit late now but if I was you I wouldn't touch it at all today, let everything go off and stop reacting. I know that'll be hard to do but you may make things even worse if you don't. I know its a set back for you but it'll be fixable.

• 2 weeks later...